How Do I transfer my previous college credits to BPCC?
- You must submit requests to all previous institutions attended for your transcripts to be mailed directly to BPCC.
- Transcripts must be mailed directly from the school in a sealed envelope as BPCC cannot accept student copies.
- You may use the BPCC transcript request formor each institution may require you to use a different form.
- What to request from each school? Official transcripts from each institution attended after final grades have been recorded should be requested.
BPCC Policy on Acceptance of Transfer Credits
Transfer credits from all regionally accredited institutions of higher education are recorded on the student’s permanent records. Inquiries about the use of a transfer course to meet degree requirements should be directed to the Dean of the student’s major.
Courses taken at institutions that are not accredited by regional associations are generally not accepted at BPCC. However, the student may pursue one of the following avenues to gain acceptance of this course work:
- In certain technical programs, transfer courses may be accepted from the Louisiana Technical College upon approval of the Divisional Academic Dean and Executive Dean of Instruction or the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
- Each advisor makes an unofficial evaluation of the transcript based on the course content, credit hours, instructor qualifications and contact hours. The evaluation is approved by the Divisional Academic Dean and Executive Dean of Instruction, or the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs.
- Every course substituted must be approved in writing by the Divisional Academic Dean and Executive Dean of Instruction or the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs. (This does not apply to course equivalents published in college articulation guides.)
Louisiana Transfer Articulation Guide
If you attended another Louisiana college or university before transferring to BPCC, you can log into this websiteto learn how some of your courses from your previous college may transfer to BPCC.