Christine Tuminello LeGrand Memorial Scholarship
Criteria and Procedures
The Foundation Scholarship Committee will award (1) full-time or (2) part-time Christine Tuminello LeGrand Memorial Scholarships each year. The amounts of the awards are: Full-time - up to $2,000 ($1000 per semester) or $1,000 ($500 per semester). To receive the second half of the scholarship, student(s) must have maintained at least a 2.00 GPA and be a returning BPCC student.
This scholarship will be awarded to persons possessing the following merits:
Criteria and Requirements:
- Student must have at least a 2.00 GPA on all college work; and
- Student is or will be enrolled during the semester for which he/she is applying in:
- Minimum of 6 credit hours for part-time or
- Minimum of 12 credit hours for full-time at BPCC
- Student demonstrates a special or unusual financial need as determined by the committee
- Student possesses talents that are desirable and which will lend credibility to the college
- Student has other special existing circumstances which warrant the issuing of a scholarship.
- Student must not be receiving any other type of financial assistance.
Procedures for applying for the Christine Tuminello LeGrand Memorial Scholarship:
- Applicant must submit a letter requesting the scholarship.
- This letter must explain the following:
- The circumstances surrounding your request for this scholarship
- Include all required documents (application, transcript, letter) to the Foundation Office by July 15 for
Fall applicants or by December 15 for
- The Foundation Scholarship Committee reviews applications.
- The Foundation Office will mail award or denial letters to applicants.
- The Foundation Office will notify the Financial Aid Office of recipients as scholarships are awarded.
- All applications are reviewed and awarded on a first come, first served basis.