Gilbert and Olivia Carlson Memorial Scholarship
Criteria and Procedures
The BPCC Foundation will award one (1) Gilbert and Olivia Carlson Scholarship per year in the amount of $1,000. To receive the scholarship, student must have at least a 2.00 GPA and be a full-time student.
This scholarship will be awarded to a person possessing the following merits:
- Recipient must meet and maintain the same academic and course-load requirements as any other recipient of a BPCC Foundation Scholarship (*See below).
- Student must not be receiving any other type of financial assistance.
Procedures for applying for the Gilbert and Olivia Carlson Memorial Scholarship:
- Applicant must submit a letter requesting the scholarship. This letter must explain the following:
- The circumstances surrounding your request for this scholarship and all required documents to the BPCC Foundation Office by July 15 or December 15.
- The Foundation Scholarship Committee reviews applications.
- The Foundation Office will mail award or denial letters to applicants.
- The Foundation Office will notify the Financial Aid Office of recipients as scholarships are awarded.
Gilbert and Olivia Carlson Memorial Scholarship Requirements:
- Student must have a minimum 2.00 GPA on all college work; and
- Student must be enrolled in 12 credit hours (full-time) at BPCC; and
- Student must demonstrate a special or unusual financial need as determined by the Committee, or
- Student possesses talents that are desirable and will lend credibility to the College; or
- Student has other special circumstances existing, which warrant the issuing of a scholarship award.