Behavioral & Social Sciences
CARE AND DEVELOPMENT OF YOUNG CHILDREN
Prepare early childhood educators to serve as leaders and mentors with knowledge of growth and development of young children in cognitive, physical, emotional, and social domains (prior Learning Credit for credentials in Child Development Associate and Pediatric CPR).
CRIMINAL JUSTICE ACCELERATED PROGRAM
Degree completed in 12 months with 4-week and 8-week sessions. Upon completion, students will be able to transfer degree to another university, enter the workforce or advance position at a current job.
MEDICOLEGAL DEATH INVESTIGATION
BPCC is one of three colleges in the United States offering the Medicolegal Death Investigation class and offers it 100% online—making it accessible to students and professionals throughout the United States and abroad.
(Police Officers Standards AND Training) Council
BPCC provides educational opportunities for ALL peace officers (in-state and out-of-state) who have completed their state’s POST Certification.
- Fifteen (15) credit hours can be earned in Criminal Justice courses.
- Verification of state’s POST Certification and completion of three (3) credit hours in BPCC’s Criminal Justice program are required.
- In-state tuition fee rates apply to all online courses.
- Criminal Justice curriculum can be completed 100% online.
Once requirements have been met, the following five (5) courses will be posted to the student’s BPCC transcript:
- CJUS 101: Introduction to Criminal Justice
- CJUS 202: Criminal Investigation
- CJUS 250: Police Procedures
- CJUS 291: Criminal Evidence and Procedure
- CJUS 292: Police-Community Relations
Students cannot receive duplicated credit hours if any of these courses were previously completed. These 15 credit hours total 25% of the 60 credit hours needed for completion of the Criminal Justice degree.