Faculty & Students
DEAN THAT IS OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE cyber security PROGRAM.
Megan Bange – Dean of Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Division. Mrs. Bange is in charge of curriculum, classes, and faculty pertaining to the Bossier Parish Community College Cyber Security Program.
FACULTY MEMBERS TEACHING COURSES WITHIN THE DEPARTMENT.
- Chris Rondeau, Professor, Program Director of Network Security, Advisor for Cyber Security, POC for CAE/DHS Project
- Dr. Paul Weaver, Professor
- Randy Haley, Instructor, Program Director for System Administration
- Steven Turner, Instructor, Program Director for Software Development
- Rhonda Neil, Assistant Professor
- Vladimir Chaynikov, Instructor
- Eric Freeman, Instructor
Faculty members’ qualifications to teach.
- Chris Rondeau, Bachelor’s degree in Business Education, Master of Education in Educational Technology. ITF+, A+, Network+, Security+, CNSS, 4011, 4012, 4013, 4014, 4015, 4016, iC3, Adobe Certified Associate – Rich Media Communication, Adobe Certified Associate Web Communication, CSEC Certified Instructor, CISCO ICND, Project+, HealthIT, ACE, CHFIv8, Microsoft Networking Fundamentals, CISCO Certified Instructor, Microsoft Mobility and Devices Fundamentals. firstname.lastname@example.org, 318-678-6317
- Rhonda Neil, Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, MSCST in Computer Information Systems, MBA. HDI-SCA, HDI-CI, ITILv4, HIT, ITF, MS Specialist. email@example.com, 318-678-6309
- Randy Haley, Bachelor’s in Liberal Arts minor in Computer Science, Master’s in Information Security & Assurance. A+, Network+, Security+, ACE, ITF+. firstname.lastname@example.org, 318-678-6243
- Paul Weaver, Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Master’s degree in Systems Technology, Ph.D. Curriculum and Instruction, Microsoft Office Specialist Master Level, CNSS 4011, 4012, CSEC Certified Instructor. email@example.com, 318-678-6374
- Steven Turner, Bachelor’s degree in Communication: New Media, Minor in Computer Science, Master’s degree in Computer Systems Technology: Computer Science. OCA Java SE8 Developer, AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner. firstname.lastname@example.org, 318-678-6549
- Vladimir Chaynikov, Doctorate of Philosophy in Mathematics, Masters in Mathematics. email@example.com, 318-678-6531
- Eric Freeman, Bachelor’s degree in Network Operations and Security, Western Governors University; MAT, Mississippi Valley State University; MBA, Western Governors University. CompTIA A+, Network+, Security+, Project+, aPHR. firstname.lastname@example.org, 318-678-6094
Our program provides development opportunities for students that lead to a two year associate’s degree or a certificate in Cyber Security. To understand the scope of student opportunities enjoyed by Bossier Parish Community College students, it is important to understand the uniqueness of its setting.
The 2d Bomb Wing conducts the primary mission of Barksdale Air Force Base, La., with three squadrons of B-52H Stratofortress bombers – the 11th Bomb Squadron, which is the training squadron, the 20th Bomb Squadron and the 96th Bomb Squadron. Together they ensure the 2d Bomb Wing provides flexible, responsive, global combat capability, autonomously or in concert with other forces, and trains all active-duty and reserve B-52 crews. The 2d Bomb Wing was assigned to the Air Force Global Strike Command on February 1, 2010. Air Force Global Strike Command will provide combat ready forces to conduct strategic nuclear deterrence and global strike operations in support of combatant commanders. More than 15,000 active-duty, Air Force Reserve members and civilians make up Barksdale’s workforce. About 44 B-52 Stratofortress aircraft are also assigned to the wing.
The Cyber Innovation Center is a 501c3 not-for-profit corporation located in Bossier City, Louisiana. The CIC is the anchor of a 3,000 acre National Cyber Research Park and serves as catalyst for the development and expansion of a knowledge-based workforce throughout the region. The Cyber Innovation Center/National Cyber Research Park works to create a knowledge-based workforce and diversify the region’s economic base by promoting research, education, and technological innovation and fostering collaborative and strategic alliances between governmental agencies, private industry, and academic institutions.
Many of these employees and their dependents are Bossier Parish Community College students, as Bossier Parish Community College is located approximately five miles from the gates of Barksdale and right next door to the Cyber Innovation Center.
- Associate of Applied Science:
- Computer Information Systems
- Cyber Security
- Software Development
- Systems Administration (DevOps)
- Systems Administration (Cloud Computing)
- Certificate of Technical Studies:
- Health Information Security
- Information Systems Security Professionals
- Programming for Digital Gaming
- Senior Systems Managers
- Career and Technical Certificate:
- Cloud Computing
- Computer Repair
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Help Desk
- Network Security
- Software Applications
- Web Design
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- Certified Associate in Health Information and Management Systems (CAHIMS)
- CIW Advanced HTML5 & CSS3
- CompTIA A+
- CompTIA CASP+
- CompTIA Cloud+
- CompTIA Data+
- CompTIA IT Fundamentals+
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Pentest+
- CompTIA Project+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Server+
- Help Desk Institute Support Center Analyst (HDI-SCA)
- Microsoft Access
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft PowerPoint
- Microsoft Word
- Oracle Certified Junior Associate, Java Foundation
- Oracle Certified Associate, Java SE Programmer I
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
Articulation agreements with high schools to facilitate awareness and training for faculty/administration/students
Bossier Parish Community College works with area schools in several separate parishes to facilitate awareness and training for faculty and students. Students completing dual enrollment courses will obtain college credit toward the appropriate associate in applied science degree awarded by Bossier Parish Community College.
At this time we have agreements (MOI and crosswalk) with multiple schools and school districts in Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Claiborne, DeSoto, Natchitoches, Red River, and Webster parishes. We currently have several credentialed high school teachers who teach CTEC courses on the high school campuses.