- Production title: The Open Window & Stalling for Time
- Union/Non-Union: Non-Union
- Production Type: Independent/Student
- Project length: Short Film (8 mins) & Long short Film (22 mins)
- Project Format: 16:9 HD
- Posted on: Monday, March 1
- Production Location: Bossier City, LA
- Production Company: Bossier Parish Community College, Film Institute
- Company Website: www.bpcc.edu/index.php/filminstitute/
- Director: Lari Leber & Dr. Elmore
- Producer: Emily Perla
- Audition Type: Virtual -- submitted to email@example.com (see below)
- Shooting Location: Bossier City, LA and surrounding areas
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 318-678-6038
- Compensation: A copy of the finished movies.
The BPCC Film Institute and the Division of Communication and Performing Arts encourages local actors to audition for the summer short films, The Open Window & Stalling for Time.
Submit your online audition to email@example.com by midnight on March 31.
How to submit your audition:
- Record a 1 to 1.5 minute monologue.
- Upload to YouTube so that you have a sharable link to copy and paste into the body of your email submission.
- Draft your email by including your first and last name in the subject line and the name of the movie(s) you wish to audition. Example: Jane Smith’s Audition for Stalling for Time.
- Please submit your audition items by email to firstname.lastname@example.org – the body of your email should include a pasted Youtube link of your video audition and your contact information. Headshot and resume are a plus, but not required.
- You will receive a reply to your email submission with further instructions.
Starts: June 2, 2021
Ends: June 28, 2021
**Most all the filming will be done with the summer movie class Monday through Friday, anticipated time frame is 8:00 am - 12:00 pm. Exceptions will be made if we have a night scene that needs to be filmed after the regular class hours.***
Open Window: After a mental breakdown Franklin Neally decides to spend a summer resting in Louisiana. When he delivers a package to its rightful address, he meets tragedy and heartbreak, or so he thought.
Stalling for Time: Join Jen, the wild fun-loving free spirt alongside her factual close knit older sister Alex, as they take on ripped pants, urine and each other in this slice of life comedy.
We are looking to cast the following roles. Please see below for character bios and sides:
Franklin Neally: (Male) Spending the summer in Louisiana after a nervous breakdown. A purposeful man; with his trusted umbrella. Socially awkward but wishes the best for people.
Vera: (Female) Niece of Mr. and Mrs. Stapleton. Has a vivid imagination and a knack for instigating conflict. A skilled storyteller, for anyone who will listen. Immensely self-confident and uses her charms and good looks to her advantage.
Mrs. Stapleton: (Female) Vera’s doting aunt. She is a picture-perfect housewife who will do anything for her family.
Mr. Stapleton (Husband): (Male) Vera’s uncle. He is your quintessential Southern man with a picturesque home life.
Stapleton Son #1: (Male) Loves spending time with his mother and father, likes to sing
Jenn: (FEMALE) Resents her older sister, Alex. Jenn is the heart, tends to be carefree and optimistic about life, seeking a good laugh whenever possible.
Alex: (FEMALE) Alex is a responsible woman but cares to much about what other people think. An older sister and natural leader, but quick to anger. While she plays her cards close to the chest, she is a deeply emotional person.
- Stapleton Son #2 (Male)
- Cyclist (Any Gender, Any Age)
- Woman #1 (Female, Any Race, Any Age)
- Woman #2 (Female, Any Race, Any Age)
- Woman #3 (Female, Any Race, Any Age