Clinical Application Packet
Program Application Instructions
NOTICE: It is the responsibility of the applicant to carefully read all of the information on this page to ensure that program requirements and deadlines are met to satisfy eligibility.
- Deadline for submission of online OTA Program Application is April 15.
- Deadline for submission of Clinical Observation Rating forms from OT practitioners is May 1.
Notice to 2021 applicants: The Clinical Observation requirement will continue to be monitored. Please check the OTA website for updates.
BPCC College Admissions
- Complete all BPCC College Admissions Forms if you are not a current BPCC student.
- Transfer students must complete requests for official transcripts to be sent to the BPCC Admissions Office from all previously attended institutions. This process should begin as soon as possible to allow time for processing.
Application Eligibility Requirements
You are ready to begin your application when you have:
- Completed a minimum of 12 college hours of OTA qualification coursework or show satisfactory mid-semester progress with at least a 2.75 GPA and a “C” or better in each qualification course.
- Verified that all official and final transcripts from other institutions have been received by the BPCC Admissions Office and that applicable transfer courses are accessible in LOLA and visible on your BPCC transcript.
- Verified that you have a minimum of a 2.0 cumulative GPA on all attempted college coursework.
- Preregistered for all remaining OTA qualification courses with potential to finish in the spring semester.
To Submit your OTA Program Application:
- Contact Ms. Brandon, Ms. Allison, or Ms. Stokes by email requesting a review of your transcript and eligibility requirements. You will be informed if there are additional requirements that must be completed prior to submitting the application form.
- The OTA Program has established Essential Requirements, identifying occupational-specific technical standards required of students in the program. Please read this document prior to completing the program application. If you have questions or concerns related to your ability to meet these described requirements, please contact your academic advisor.
- Be prepared to complete a narrative summary of your clinical observation experiences when completing the program application. The narrative summary includes:
- Overview of types of diagnoses observed
- Overview of treatments observed
- Discussion of most interesting and least interesting components of experience
- Discussion of your goals and reasons for pursuing occupational therapy assistant as a career choice
- Notice to 2021 applicants: The Clinical Observation requirement will continue to be monitored. If you have not completed any clinical observation hours, complete #4 only.
- The Application Form will only be accessible through April 15. Click on the link below to complete and submit your application.
- In addition to the OTA Program Application, the following documents are required for your application packet to be complete.
Notice to 2021 applicants: Check OTA website for clinical observation requirement updates.
Clinical Observation Rating Form (minimum of two)
- You are required to complete a total of 20 observation hours in a minimum of two different settings with two different licensed occupational therapy practitioners (licensed occupational therapists or licensed occupational therapy assistants).
- Plan ahead and start early – These observation experiences should be scheduled to take place beginning in the fall semester and should be completed and submitted by April 15 of the year in which you plan to apply.
- Applicants will submit a written summary of observation experiences with the online OTA application.
- Observation Rating forms will be kept on file by the OTA Program Director for two years and will be valid for two consecutive OTA application cycles.
- Please inquire about the dress at each facility prior to arrival.
- Observation forms completed by an OT practitioner who is a family member of the applicant will not be accepted.
- Print one Clinical Observation Rating Form for each OT/OTA you observed (2 forms minimum) prior to observation experience. The forms can be mailed to the address below or emailed to email@example.com.
- If the form is to be mailed, you are required to provide an ADDRESSED and STAMPED envelope. The OT/OTA should be asked to complete the form (including contact information), seal it in the provided envelope, sign across the seal and mail directly to the college at the address below.
Bossier Parish Community College
Division of Science, Nursing, and Allied Health
Attn: OTA Program Selection Committee
6220 E. Texas St.
Bossier City, LA 71111
It is the responsibility of the applicant to follow up with the OT or OTA completing the observation forms to assure the forms are mailed with a postmark date of no later than the April 15th deadline.