The clinical portion of the Paramedic program at Bossier Parish Community College is completed in groups or cohorts. There are day and evening cohorts and on and off campus cohorts. When a student applies to the Paramedic program, they must apply to join a specific cohort.
Program Contact Information
Jeffery D. Anderson, NRP
Building H Room 139
Office Phone 318-678-6403 (leave message)
The clinical portion of the paramedic program is completed in groups or cohorts. Students apply for acceptance into a specific cohort once all of the prerequisites are met or will be met prior to when the cohort will begin the paramedic courses. Contact the program director for more information on when future cohorts will begin and how to apply for admission.
- Current AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers certification
- Place out of MATH 097 by ACT or COMPASS or complete the course with at least a C.
- Place out of ENGL 099 by ACT or placement or complete the course with at least a C.
- Complete BLGY 230 and 231 (or equivalent from another institution) with at least a “C” in each course.
- Submit a complete application by the deadline.
- Prior to enrolling in the program, students should familiarize themselves with the Essential Requirements of the program.
Credit for experiential learning is not allowed for courses in the BPCC Paramedic program.