Faculty & Students
DEAN THAT IS OVERALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE cyber security PROGRAM.
Megan Bange – Dean of Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics Division. Mrs. Bange is in charge of curriculum, classes, and faculty pertaining to the Bossier Parish Community College Cyber Security Program.
FACULTY MEMBERS TEACHING COURSES WITHIN THE DEPARTMENT.
- Chris Rondeau, Professor, Program Director of Network Security, Advisor for Cyber Security, POC for CAE/DHS Project
- Dr. Paul Weaver, Professor, Advisor for Computer Information Systems
- Jennifer McCoy, Assistant Professor, Program Director for Computer Information Systems
- Randy Haley, Instructor, Program Director for System Administration
- Steven Turner, Instructor, Program Director for Software Development
- Rhonda Neil, Assistant Professor, Computer Information Systems
Faculty members’ qualifications to teach.
- Chris Rondeau, Bachelor’s degree in Business Education, Master of Education in Educational Technology. ITF+, A+, Network+, Security+, CNSS, 4011, 4012, 4013, 4014, 4015, 4016, iC3, Adobe Certified Associate – Rich Media Communication, Adobe Certified Associate Web Communication, CSEC Certified Instructor, CISCO ICND, Project+, HealthIT, ACE, CHFIv8, Microsoft Networking Fundamentals, CISCO Certified Instructor, Microsoft Mobility and Devices Fundamentals. firstname.lastname@example.org, 318-678-6317
- Rhonda Neil, Bachelor’s degree in Business Management, MSCST in Computer Information Systems, MBA. HDI-SCA, HDI-CI, ITILv4, HIT, ITF, MS Specialist. email@example.com, 318-678-6309
- Randy Haley, Bachelor’s in Liberal Arts minor in Computer Science, Master’s in Information Security & Assurance. A+, Network+, Security+, ACE, ITF+. firstname.lastname@example.org, 318-678-6243
- Jennifer McCoy, Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Masters in Computer Information Systems. CPHIMS, MS Specialist, MS Certifeid Professional, MTA Db Fundamentals, MTA Networking Fundamentals, MTA Windows OS Fundamentals, Cloud Essentials, MCE, A+, Cloud+, HealthIT, Network+. email@example.com, 318-678-6048
- Paul Weaver, Bachelor’s degree in Criminal Justice, Master’s degree in Systems Technology, Ph.D. Curriculum and Instruction, Microsoft Office Specialist Master Level, CNSS 4011, 4012, CSEC Certified Instructor. firstname.lastname@example.org, 318-678-6374
- Steven Turner, Bachelor’s degree in Communication: New Media, Minor in Computer Science, Master’s degree in Computer Systems Technology: Computer Science. OCA Java SE8 Developer, AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner. email@example.com, 318-678-6549
Our program provides development opportunities for students that lead to a two year associate’s degree or a certificate in Cyber Security. To understand the scope of student opportunities enjoyed by Bossier Parish Community College students, it is important to understand the uniqueness of its setting.
The 2d Bomb Wing conducts the primary mission of Barksdale Air Force Base, La., with three squadrons of B-52H Stratofortress bombers – the 11th Bomb Squadron, which is the training squadron, the 20th Bomb Squadron and the 96th Bomb Squadron. Together they ensure the 2d Bomb Wing provides flexible, responsive, global combat capability, autonomously or in concert with other forces, and trains all active-duty and reserve B-52 crews. The 2d Bomb Wing was assigned to the Air Force Global Strike Command on February 1, 2010. Air Force Global Strike Command will provide combat ready forces to conduct strategic nuclear deterrence and global strike operations in support of combatant commanders. More than 15,000 active-duty, Air Force Reserve members and civilians make up Barksdale’s workforce. About 44 B-52 Stratofortress aircraft are also assigned to the wing.
The Cyber Innovation Center is a 501c3 not-for-profit corporation located in Bossier City, Louisiana. The CIC is the anchor of a 3,000 acre National Cyber Research Park and serves as catalyst for the development and expansion of a knowledge-based workforce throughout the region. The Cyber Innovation Center/National Cyber Research Park works to create a knowledge-based workforce and diversify the region’s economic base by promoting research, education, and technological innovation and fostering collaborative and strategic alliances between governmental agencies, private industry, and academic institutions.
Many of these employees and their dependents are Bossier Parish Community College students, as Bossier Parish Community College is located approximately five miles from the gates of Barksdale and right next door to the Cyber Innovation Center.
- Associate of Applied Science:
- Certificate of Technical Studies:
- Technical Competency Area:
- CIW Advanced HTML5 & CSS3
- Cloud Essentials
- Computer Hacking Forensic Investigator
- Internet and Computing Core Certification
- IT Fundamentals
- Microsoft Office Access
- Microsoft Office Excel
- Microsoft Office PowerPoint
- Microsoft Office Word
- Microsoft Server
- Microsoft Windows
- Oracle Java SE Programmer
- OCA Java
- Capitol Technology University
- Louisiana State University and A&M College
- Louisiana State University in Shreveport
- Louisiana Tech University
- Middle Georgia State University
- Northwestern State University
- University of Louisiana Lafayette
- University of Maryland University College
- University of Texas at Tyler
Articulation agreements with high schools to facilitate awareness and training for faculty/administration/students
Bossier Parish Community College works with area schools in several separate parishes to facilitate awareness and training for faculty and students. Students completing dual enrollment courses will obtain college credit toward the appropriate associate in applied science degree awarded by Bossier Parish Community College.
At this time we have agreements (MOI and crosswalk) with multiple schools and school districts in Bienville, Bossier, Caddo, Claiborne, DeSoto, Natchitoches, Red River, and Webster parishes. We currently have several credentialed high school teachers who teach CTEC courses on the high school campuses.