National Centers of Academic Excellence in Information Assurance Education Two Year (CAE2Y)
Bossier Parish Community College is a leader in information security education, curriculum development, faculty training, in Northwest Louisiana and across the state. BPCC works to foster and create opportunities for interdisciplinary activities, continues to develop and support both credit and continuing education academic programs, facilitates efforts to obtain extramural funding, and serves as a link between the academic and professional communities. (Note: the CSEC grant is no longer funded but still works with schools).
Goals and Objectives:
- Provide the necessary resources and motivation to enable community college students to become effective professionals in the ever-increasing cyber-enabled economy
- Assist students in job placement and career planning
- Improve the cyber security posture of the college so its constituents can fully benefit from the ongoing cyber revolution
- Build relationships and enter partnerships with other institutions of higher education, government organizations, and the business community to facilitate solutions to the growing need for a qualified IA workforce
- Raise awareness for security issues within the country, region, and state