Fall Semester 2020 Graduation
Due to COVID-19 mandates, we are not able hold our graduation ceremony in the gym as we had originally scheduled. Student safety and well-being is, and has always been, of the utmost importance to us.
We invite you to join our Chancellor, Dr. Rick Bateman, Jr., and the BPCC team anytime between 10:00 am-1:00 pm on Friday, December 18th, in front of the gym (Building I) so that we can greet you and commemorate your graduation. We will have a nice BPCC diploma cover and, based upon limited supply, some other celebratory surprises for you.
In order to ensure the utmost safety for this event, we have established the following guidelines:
- We will be wearing masks and handling your items with gloves, as we want to do this as safely as possible.
- Students must remain in their vehicles. We will bring the items to you in order to maintain social distancing.
- There will be a route that we have created for you to follow around the campus. You will enter the campus at the main entrance on the west side where the traffic light is. You will go to the back of the campus by the gym, where we will be waiting for you.
- Please bring identification with you.
- When you come through to pick up your gifts, we will make a note of it, and your diploma will be mailed to you within the following two weeks.
To request that your diploma or certificate be mailed, please contact the Academic Planning Office at Graduation@bpcc.edu. In the email, provide your Full Name, LoLA ID, Program of Study, and Current Mailing Address. Your diploma or certificate will be mailed during the week of December 21st.
BPCC will still award fall 2020 graduate credentials, which include certificates, technical diplomas, and degrees, on December 18, 2020. Documentation of an earned credential is reflected on your College transcript, which is the official certification that students have been awarded the credential from the institution. Students may obtain an unofficial transcript through the Admissions forms page on the BPCC website at the Admissions Forms webpage.
BPCC is so honored that you allowed us to be a part of your educational journey. You have accomplished such a significant achievement, especially during such a challenging time. We are proud of you!
Graduation Policies and Procedures
All candidates for graduation must complete the following to become an official candidate for graduation from BPCC:
- Schedule classes required for graduation with an academic advisor prior to registration. Complete the Application for Graduation with the academic advisor dean of the appropriate division when registering for required classes. This must be completed by Friday, August, 28, 2020. Students who previously applied for graduation but who did not graduate must file another application the semester they plan to complete requirements. Once candidates for graduation have registered, they may not change their schedules without seeing their academic advisor or the academic dean of the appropriate division.
- Students who plan to participate in the graduation ceremony will be responsible for purchasing their caps and gowns from the BPCC Bookstore. All information for purchasing caps and gowns and ordering graduation announcements is found on the BPCC website in the Bookstore section.
- Any student who submits the Application for Graduation to the academic dean of the appropriate division is considered a candidate for graduation after the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs or Academic Planning Director has verified the student’s degree requirements.
- Complete procedural and curricular requirements. Graduating students must make a “C” or higher in all courses which satisfy graduation requirements.
NOTE: An application for graduation must be verified by appropriate college personnel prior to the student’s designation as an official candidate for graduation.
A candidate for graduation will not receive a degree until the above conditions are satisfied.
Graduating students will take their finals December 2-4, 2020 and December 7-8, 2020. Students with more than two finals in one day may request that an instructor allow them to take the final at another time. Students (including candidates for graduation) are not exempt from final examinations. All grades are due to the Registrar no later than noon on Wednesday, December 9, 2020
BPCC conducts three graduation ceremonies each year – in July, December, and May. Information on BPCC transcripts is the official certification that students have been awarded academic certificates and degrees from the institution (not diplomas or certificates).
If you have any questions about your graduation status, you may contact the Office of Academic Planning at 318-678-6244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the BPCC Bookstore, caps and gowns for graduation are available, and announcements may be ordered.