Spring Semester Graduation
FRIDAY, May 14, 2021
We are pleased to announce that we will hold in-person commencement exercises this spring. All BPCC graduates from throughout 2020 will have the opportunity to walk across the stage and have their names called during the ceremony.
The ceremony for our spring 2020, summer 2020, fall 2020, and spring 2021 graduates will be held outdoors on Friday, May 14 at 7:00 p.m. at Airline High School Stadium. The ceremony will be streamed online for those unable to attend in person.
BPCC will follow all state and CDC guidelines regarding maximum capacity restrictions, physical distancing, and mask wearing. Masks will be required at all times. Please know that if the status of the pandemic changes, or if the state’s event guidelines change, our ceremony could also change. At this time, here is what to expect if you attend:
- Each graduate will be allocated a limited number of guest tickets. More information on tickets will be provided in late April.
- More information on locations and times will be posted at https://www.bpcc.edu/graduation once we know how many graduates are attending. Your RSVP, whether yes or no, is critical to our planning process.
- Graduates will be seated in physically distanced seats and will be invited to walk across the stage when their names are called.
- To minimize contact with others, graduates will not shake hands with anyone while on stage.
- The platform party will be minimal in order to reduce the density of people at the ceremony and accommodate as many guests as possible.
- The ceremony will be supported by BPCC staff and student groups who will direct attendees to appropriate seating, facilitate physical distancing, and ensure appropriate use of masks.
To properly plan for our graduation ceremony, we need to know exactly who is planning to attend. We need as accurate a headcount as possible and may not be able to accommodate late submissions or day-of walkups. If you missed the submission deadline of April 9, 2021 to RSVP, please email Graduation@bpcc.edu by May 1, 2021. In the email, please state your full name, LoLA ID#, program of study, and the semester/year (spring 2020, summer 2020, fall 2020, or spring 2021) you graduated.
Graduation Policies and Procedures
All candidates for graduation must complete the following to become an official candidate for graduation from BPCC:
- Schedule classes required for graduation with an academic advisor prior to registration. Complete the Application for Graduation with the academic advisor or the dean of the appropriate division when registering for required classes.
- This must be completed by January 21, 2021. Students who previously applied for graduation but who did not graduate must file another application the semester they plan to complete requirements. Once candidates for graduation have registered, they may not change their schedules without seeing their academic advisor.
- Students who plan to participate in the graduation ceremony will be responsible for purchasing their caps and gowns from the BPCC Bookstore. All information for purchasing caps and gowns and ordering graduation announcements is found on the BPCC website in the Bookstore section.
- Any student who submits the Application for Graduation to the dean of the appropriate division is considered a candidate for graduation after the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs or the Academic Planning Director has verified the student’s degree requirements.
- Complete procedural and curricular requirements. Graduating students must make a “C” or higher in all courses which satisfy graduation requirements.
NOTE: An application for graduation must be verified by appropriate college personnel prior to the student’s designation as an official candidate for graduation.
A candidate for graduation will not receive a degree until the above conditions are satisfied.
Graduating students will take their finals May 3 - 6, 2021 Students with more than two finals in one day may request that an instructor allow them to take the final at another time. Students (including candidates for graduation) are not exempt from final examinations. All grades are due to the Registrar no later than noon on May 7, 2021.
BPCC conducts three graduation ceremonies each year – in July, December, and May. Information on BPCC transcripts is the official certification that students have been awarded academic certificates and degrees from the institution (not diplomas or certificates).
If you have any questions about your graduation status, you may contact the Director of Academic Planning at 318-678-6244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In the BPCC Bookstore, caps and gowns for graduation are available, and announcements may be ordered.