Spring Semester 2021 Graduation
Friday, May 14, 2021
Graduation will be held at the Health and Physical Education Complex.
9:30 a.m. Credentials within the divisions of
- Science, Nursing, and Allied Health
- Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
Graduates should arrive by 8:30 a.m. for the 9:30 a.m. ceremony.
Friday, May 14, 2021 – 9:30 a.m.
- Advanced Manufacturing and Mechatronics
- Advanced Welding
- Certified Production Technician
- Cisco Certified Network Associate
- Computer Information Systems
- Computer Repair
- Construction Technology
- Construction Technology and Management
- Cyber Technology-Network Security
- Cyber Technology-Programmer-Analyst
- ECG Telemetry Technician
- Emergency Medical Technician
- Energy Services
- Engineering Graphics
- General Science
- Health Information Technology
- Industrial Control Systems
- Industrial Technology
- Information Systems Security Professionals
- Information Technology
- Laboratory Assistant
- Louisiana Transfer-Biological Sciences
- Louisiana Transfer-Physical Sciences
- Medical Assistant
- Medical Office Specialist
- Medical Unit Coordinator
- Microsoft Server
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
- Oil and Gas Production Technology
- Pharmacy Technician
- Physical Therapist Assistant
- Programming for Digital Gaming
- Respiratory Therapy
- Senior Systems Managers
- Software Applications
- Surgical Technology
- Systems Administration-DevOps
- Systems Administration-Enterprise Information Technology and Development
- Web Design
For graduates’ friends and family who cannot attend the commencement ceremony, it will be streamed live starting at 9:30 a.m. on Friday, May 14.
2:00 p.m. Credentials within the divisions of
- Behavioral and Social Sciences
- Communication and Performing Arts
- Liberal Arts
Graduates should arrive by 1:00 p.m. for the 2:00 p.m. ceremony.
Friday, May 14, 2021 – 2:00 p.m.
- Accounting Technology: Account Clerk
- Basic Management
- Business Administration
- Business Communications
- Business Entrepreneurship
- Business of Music
- Care and Development of Young Children
- Communication Media
- Computer Animation
- Costume Design
- Criminal Justice
- Criminal Justice Investigations
- Culinary Arts
- General Studies
- Graphic Design
- Health Care Management
- Legal Assistant
- Lighting Design
- Louisiana Transfer-Business
- Louisiana Transfer-Fine Arts
- Louisiana Transfer-Humanities
- Louisiana Transfer-Mass Communication
- Louisiana Transfer-Social Sciences
- Media for the Ministry
- Performing Arts
- Police/Community Relations
- Police Procedures
- Retail Management
- Scene Design
- Sound Recording Technology
- Theatre Technician
- TV Production
For graduates’ friends and family who cannot attend the commencement ceremony, it will be streamed live starting at 2:00 p.m. on Friday, May 14.
Graduation Policies and Procedures
All candidates for graduation must complete the following to become an official candidate for graduation from BPCC:
- Schedule classes required for graduation with an academic advisor prior to registration. Complete the Application for Graduation with the academic advisor or the dean of the appropriate division when registering for required classes.
- This must be completed by January 21, 2021. Students who previously applied for graduation but who did not graduate must file another application the semester they plan to complete requirements. Once candidates for graduation have registered, they may not change their schedules without seeing their academic advisor.
- Students who plan to participate in the graduation ceremony will be responsible for purchasing their caps and gowns from the BPCC Bookstore. All information for purchasing caps and gowns and ordering graduation announcements is found on the BPCC website in the Bookstore section.
- Any student who submits the Application for Graduation to the dean of the appropriate division is considered a candidate for graduation after the Vice Chancellor for Academic Affairs or the Academic Planning Director has verified the student’s degree requirements.
- Complete procedural and curricular requirements. Graduating students must make a “C” or higher in all courses which satisfy graduation requirements.
NOTE: An application for graduation must be verified by appropriate college personnel prior to the student’s designation as an official candidate for graduation.
A candidate for graduation will not receive a degree until the above conditions are satisfied.
Graduating students will take their finals May 3 - 6, 2021 Students with more than two finals in one day may request that an instructor allow them to take the final at another time. Students (including candidates for graduation) are not exempt from final examinations. All grades are due to the Registrar no later than noon on May 7, 2021.
BPCC conducts three graduation ceremonies each year – in July, December, and May. Information on BPCC transcripts is the official certification that students have been awarded academic certificates and degrees from the institution (not diplomas or certificates).
If you have any questions about your graduation status, you may contact the Director of Academic Planning at 318-678-6244 or email@example.com.
In the BPCC Bookstore, caps and gowns for graduation are available, and announcements may be ordered.