BPCC Accelerated is dedicated to the retention of all students enrolled in online, accelerated courses. The Retention Referral System is available for instructors who teach online, accelerated courses as an additional resource for contacting their students.
Steps for Retaining Students in Online, Accelerated Courses
- This link will allow the instructor to refer up to three (3) students at a time on each retention referral form:
- The retention referral is automatically generated through the Division of Behavioral and Social Sciences.
- BPCC Accelerated is responsible for contacting the student(s) enrolled in online, accelerated courses in the following ways:
- First contact with the accelerated, online student will be through personal contact via phone numbers provided on the LOLA system.
- Second contact with the accelerated, online student will be through an email generated letter giving the student information about the specific class and instructor. The student is directed in the email to log into myBPCC and submit missed assignments as soon as possible and to contact the instructor about his/her intentions to be successful in the class.
- Third contact with the accelerated, online student will be made, if necessary, through another personal contact, if contact was not successful during the second attempt.
PLEASE NOTE: Initial contact with the student should be made by the instructor before generating a retention referral.
BPCC Accelerated will reply to each instructor’s retention referral providing a brief update on whether the attempt(s) to contact the student was successful or unsuccessful.