The Office of Student Life and the BPCC Student Government Association sponsors an annual Talent Show that is open to all currently-enrolled BPCC students. Contestants are judged on overall performance, audience response, stage appearance, originality and personality. The following prizes will be awarded: 1st Place = $500, 2nd Place = $400, 3rd Place = $300, 4th Place = $200 and 5th Place = $100.
Show and Rehearsals
The 2019 BPCC Talent Show will be held Saturday, November 2 at 6:00 p.m. in the Stephen W. Slaughter Theatre (Building C). Rehearsals will begin at 9:00 a.m. Each contestant will be assigned a specific time to rehearse and will be notified of their assigned rehearsal time. All contestants must attend rehearsal.
Admission: $5.00 | BPCC Students, Faculty, and Staff – Free with BPCC ID | Children 10 and Under – Free
Interest Meetings and Entry Deadline
Interest meetings will be held in the Office of Student Life (F-220) on the following dates:
- Monday, October 7, 2019 | 2:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019 | 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 23 ,2019 | 1:00 p.m
The following entry forms must be submitted to the Office of Student Life (F-220) by 12:00 p.m. on Friday, October 25, 2019:
- Acts requiring more than 12 FEET of ceiling height will not be allowed.
- Acts will be allotted no more than FIVE (5) MINUTES to perform. Acts will be PENALIZED if time is exceeded.
- Acts MUST contain at least one (1) currently-enrolled BPCC student.
- Participants may only perform ONE time during the show. Any participant who participates in more than one performance will disqualify BOTH acts.
- NO profanity or vulgar lyrics in any vocal performance or dance music. This is a family show!
- NO nudity allowed, and NO alcohol, tobacco, or drug advertisements are to be shown on any clothing. Keep attire at a respectable and tasteful level.
- NO pyrotechnics, open flames or any other dangerous additions.
- A sound technician and microphone(s) will be provided. Acts MUST provide their own recorded music, instruments, props, etc., if needed. Recorded music MUST be on a CD or USB flash drive in an acceptable format (i.e. MP3 or WAV file).
- EVERY participant SHOULD attend one interest meeting.
- EVERY participant MUST attend rehearsal. Acts requiring recorded music MUST bring it to rehearsal. NO changes to music selection will be accepted after rehearsal!
- Winners should allow at least 3 WEEKS for prize checks to be disbursed.
No exceptions will be made to these rules which are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Talent Show organizers!
Judging will be based on the following criteria (60 point maximum):
- Overall Performance (1-20 points)
- Audience Response (1-10 points)
- Stage Appearance (1-10 points)
- Originality (1-10 points)
- Personality (1-10 points)
NOTE: Five (5) points will be automatically deducted if performance time exceeds time allotted.
Office of Student Life | 318-678-6035 | email@example.com | F-220