BPCC Talent Show
The Office of Student Life and the BPCC Student Government Association sponsors an annual Talent Show that is open to all currently-enrolled BPCC students. Contestants are judged on overall performance, audience response, stage appearance, originality and personality.
[Waiting for list of past winners]
Marjoree Harper, Director of Student Life
318-678-6144 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Show and Rehearsal Date
The 2017 BPCC Talent Show will be held Saturday, November 4 at 6:00 p.m. in the BPCC Theatre (Building C). Rehearsals will be held Saturday, November 4 starting at 9:00 a.m. in the BPCC Theatre (Building C). Each contestant will be assigned a specific time to rehearse and will be notified of their assigned rehearsal time.
The following prizes will be awarded:
- 1st Place – $500
- 2nd Place – $400
- 3rd Place – $300
- 4th Place – $200
- 5th Place – $100
Interest meetings will be held in F-220 on the following dates:
|Thursday, October 12, 2017||1:30 p.m.|
|Monday, October 16, 2017||2:00 p.m.|
|Wednesday, October 25, 2017||12:00 p.m.|
All entry forms are due in F-220 by 12:30 p.m. on Wednesday, October 25, 2017.
The following forms MUST be submitted by the entry deadline:
BPCC students, faculty, and staff – Free with ID
Children 10 and under – Free
General Admission – $5.00
- Acts requiring more than 12 FEET of ceiling height will not be allowed.
- Acts will be allotted no more than FIVE (5) MINUTES to perform.
Acts will be PENALIZED if time is exceeded.
- Acts MUST contain at least one (1) currently-enrolled BPCC student.
- Participants may only perform ONE time during the show. Any participant who participates in more than one performance will disqualify BOTH acts.
- NO profanity or vulgar lyrics in any vocal performance or dance music.
This is a family show!!!
- NO nudity allowed! Keep attire at a respectable and tasteful level.
NO alcohol, tobacco, or drug advertisements are to be shown on any clothing.
- NO pyrotechnics, open flames or any other dangerous additions.
- A Sound Technician and microphone(s) will be provided. Acts MUST provide their own recorded music, instruments, props, etc., if needed. Recorded music MUST be on a CD or USB flash drive in an acceptable format (i.e. MP3 or WAV file).
- EVERY participant should attend one interest meeting.
- EVERY participant MUST attend rehearsal. Acts requiring recorded music MUST bring it to rehearsal. NO changes to music selection will be accepted after rehearsal!
- Winners should allow at least 3 WEEKS for prize checks to be disbursed.
NO EXCEPTIONS WILL BE MADE TO THESE RULES!
Rules are subject to change at the sole discretion of the Talent Show organizers.
Judging will be based on the following criteria (60 point maximum):
Overall Performance (1-20): ________
Audience Response (1-10): +________
Stage Appearance (1-10): +________
Originality (1-10): +________
Personality (1-10): +________
*Time Deduction: –________
Overall Total: ________
*NOTE: 5 points will be automatically deducted if performance time exceeds time allotted.