Getting Started

Registration Checklist

  1. Apply for GI Bill benefits
  2. Apply for State Education Benefits (Title 29)
    1. VSO Bossier City (318)741-8392
    2. VSO Shreveport (318) 676-7540
  3. Activate your National Guard Waiver
    1. (Leonard C. Acker 504-278-8273 or
  4. Order Official Transcripts
    1. Military Transcripts (see links below)
    2. College Transcripts escribe or mail to:
      1. BPCC Admissions 
        6220 East Texas Street 
        ​​​​​​​Bossier City, LA 71111 

Residency requirements

Under the direction of the Chancellor, Bossier Parish Community College will waive all out of state tuition for the following:

  • Any Government Military ID Holder
  • Any prior service member with a DD214
  • Any Military Dependent with a Government ID Card

Please ensure that you provide the above documents that pertain to your situation to the admissions office in order to avoid out of state charges to your BPCC account. The GI Bill® does not pay out of state tuition and debt may be incurred if the admissions office is not made aware of your status upon admissions to the college.

Non-Residency Waiver

Military Transcripts

Military transcripts are required by the Department of Veteran Affairs for any student who has served and is using GI Bill® benefits. Please follow the links below and have your official transcript sent electronically or by mail to:

Bossier Parish Community College
Attn: Admissions/Transcripts
6220 East Texas Street
Bossier City, LA 71111

All branches of service can order an official transcript at the following link except USAF transcripts

Air Force Transcripts can be ordered officially from the Community College of the Air Force link below: