Transferred Post 9/11 GI Bill

Military members can transfer their Post 9/11 GI Bill™ to their dependents under certain critieria set forth by the department of defense. Please visit www.Military.Com/education/gi-bill/post-911-gi-bill-transferability-fact-sheet

Chapter 35 Dependent Education Assistance Program (DEA)

The Survivors’ and Dependents’ Educational Assistance (DEA) program offers education and training opportunities to eligible dependents of Veterans who are permanently and totally disabled due to a service-related condition or of Veterans who died while on active duty or as a result of a service-related condition.

Visit your local Parish Veteran Service Office to apply for the benefit.

For additional information:


The Fry Scholarship pays education benefits to the surviving spouses and children of service members who die in the line of duty after Sept. 10, 2001.

Louisiana State Education Benefits – Title 29 Exemption

Louisiana offers education assistance to surviving spouses of deceased Veterans as well as children of Veterans rated with 90% or more service-connected disability and children of Veterans rated with 100% service-connected disability due to unemployability. Student must turn in the original certificate from the state to the Veteran Educational Services Office. Student must maintain a full-time schedule and a minimum 2.0 GPA to utilize the benefit. Visit your Parish Veteran Service Office to apply for the benefit.

For additional information:

MyCAA Spouse Grant

MyCAA pays for tuition costs for education and training courses and examinations leading to a recognized license, certificate, certification or Associate degree with a specified concentration or major. Certificates may contain post-graduate courses. The concentration or major for the Associate degree cannot be in General Studies, Liberal Arts or Interdisciplinary Studies unless there is a specific concentration such as General Studies – Nursing, or General Studies – Teaching. The license, certificate/certification and Associate degree must be obtained from a MyCAA approved accredited college, university, or technical school in the United States or approved testing organization that expands employment or portable career opportunities for military spouses.

For additional information:

Please contact Academic Advising at 678-6489 to schedule an appointment with a MyCAA advisor to complete a MyCAA packet.