Verify Your Enrollment
Students using the following chapters of the GI Bill® are required to verify their enrollment on the last day of each month they are enrolled in order to receive payment from the VA:
- Chapter 30
- Chapter 1606
- Chapter 1607
- Chapter 35 (if enrolled less than half time)
Here are the options to verify enrollment
- Call 877-823-2378
- Log into WAVES (Web Automative Verification of Enrollment)
Remember: Your VA File number is your Social Security Number
VA processing takes time so please continue to call every day if the system states that it does not recognize your VA File number.
If you do not verify with the VA that you are enrolled for the previous month, they will not generate funds from your GI Bill®.
ALL Post 9/11 students:
Starting in the 2021-2022 school year, all Post-9/11 GI Bill® students who receive Monthly Housing Allowance (BAH) and/or kicker payments are required to verify their enrollment each month they are enrolled to continue receiving their payments.
How do I verify enrollment?
You can verify enrollment using the following methods:
Via Text Message
- You can use text messages as a simple, quick option for verifying monthly enrollment. To opt into text message verification, please contact the Education Call Center (ECC) at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) to ensure VA has your mobile phone number.
- After opting-in, you can verify your enrollment simply by responding to a text message from VA.
- Please be assured that enrollment verification via text message is safe and secure. VA will never ask for your personal information, such as social security number or bank account information, via text.
- VA strongly recommends this method for verifying enrollment. It will be easier and faster than calling the ECC.
Via Education Call Center
- Contact the ECC at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) and ask a representative to verify enrollment on your behalf. NOTE: ECC wait times may be high due to the number of students verifying enrollment each month.
- If you opt out of text verification and later change your mind, or need to update your mobile number on file, you can opt in by calling the ECC at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551).
Failure to verify your enrollment after two consecutive months will suspend your housing stipend.
If you have questions about the monthly verification requirement or if/when it applies to you, contact a VA education representative at 1-888-GIBILL-1 (1-888-442-4551) domestically or 001-918-781-5678 overseas.
VA Work Study
If you are using a GI Bill® benefit and are attending school as a full-time or 3/4 time student in a college degree, vocational, or professional program, you can “earn while you learn” with a VA work-study allowance. Contact email@example.com for more information.
Are you coming to BPCC from another school?
Did you use your GI Bill® benefits at that school?
If you have attended another school using your GI Bill® and then transferred your degree program to BPCC, please notify the VA by completing a “Request for Change of Program or Place of Training”
You can complete this form electronically by logging into your e-benefits account under forms or you can complete the PDF form below and fax it to the VA at 918-781-7863.
- If you are the veteran or military member complete the following: VA Form 22-1995
- If you are a dependent using a veteran’s benefits, complete the following: VA Form 22-5495
If you are a visiting student at BPCC taking classes to transfer back to your parent college, there are certain steps to take while using the GI Bill®.
Please contact the Veteran Educational Services office for the details to ensure your benefits are processed correctly.
Licensing and Certification Reimbursement
In today’s business and federal workforce, having a license or certification can open doors for you. A license is required for most professions, and for jobs that are subject to state or other government regulations.
Reimbursement for certain licensing and certification tests have been specifically approved for the GI Bill® by the Department of Veterans Affairs. VA will pay only for the cost of the tests, not any other fees connected with obtaining a license or certification.
BPCC Foundation Scholarships – www.bpccfoundation.org/scholarships
Please indicate in your essay for the scholarship packet that you are military affiliated so the foundation staff can take that into consideration for military affiliated scholarships.
BPCC’s new Cavalier Care Center, located in building F, assists students by removing barriers to success. Some of the services students may receive assistance with include S.N.A.P., WIC, Medicaid, EITC, and food pantry. Please contact them at CavalierCareCenter@BPCC.edu or 318-678-6148.
There are also a number of local area resources to support military-affiliated students. Listed below are a few examples of the organizations that may be able to help.
Overton Brooks VA Medical Center
510 East Stoner Avenue
Shreveport LA 71101
Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
3341 Youree Drive, Suite 109
Shreveport, LA 71105
Bossier Parish DVA
2292 Barksdale Blvd
Bossier City, LA 71112
Woody’s Home For Veterans
448 Jordan Street
Shreveport LA 71101
VFW Post 2885
Hunter Rickerson Post
127 W Roosevelt Dr.
Minden, LA 71055
VFW Post 4588
1004 Jeter St
Bossier City, LA 71111
Veteran Crisis Hotline
1-800-273-8255 ( Press 1)
Readjustment Counseling Services
2800 Youree Dr. Bldg. 1 Ste. 105
Shreveport LA 71104
Caddo Parish DVA
1237 Murphy Street
Shreveport LA 71101
Shreveport, LA 71104
Disabled American Veterans #30
7012 Suntan Street
Shreveport LA 71108
3515 South Lakeshore Drive
Shreveport LA 71109
Volunteers of America Veteran Services
313 Arthur Ray Teague Pkwy
Shreveport LA 71101
Northwest LA Veterans Home
453 Jordan Street
Bossier City LA 71112
Natchitoches Parish DVA
203 St Denis St Rm 207
Natchitoches, LA 71457
Troops To Teachers
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9095
LA Work Force Commission
Veterans Outreach Program
2900 Dowdell Street
Shreveport LA 71103-3810