Student Resources

Verify Your Enrollment

Students using the following chapters of the GI Bill® are required to verify their enrollment on the last day of each month they are enrolled in order to receive payment from the VA:

  • Chapter 30
  • Chapter 1606
  • Chapter 1607
  • Chapter 35 (if enrolled less than half time)
Here are the options to verify enrollment
  • Call 877-823-2378
  • Log into WAVES (Web Automative Verification of Enrollment)
    Remember: Your VA File number is your Social Security Number

VA processing takes time so please continue to call every day if the system states that it does not recognize your VA File number.

If you do not verify with the VA that you are enrolled for the previous month, they will not generate funds from your GI Bill®.

Mobilization Policy

Mobilization Policy

VA Work Study

If you are using a GI Bill® benefit and are attending school as a full-time or 3/4 time student in a college degree, vocational, or professional program, you can “earn while you learn” with a VA work-study allowance. Contact for more information.

Transferring Students

Are you coming to BPCC from another school?

Did you use your GI Bill® benefits at that school?

If you have attended another school using your GI Bill® and then transferred your degree program to BPCC, please notify the VA by completing a “Request for Change of Program or Place of Training”

You can complete this form electronically by logging into your e-benefits account under forms or you can complete the PDF form below and fax it to the VA at 918-781-7863.

  • If you are the veteran or military member complete the following: VA Form 22-1995
  • If you are a dependent using a veteran’s benefits, complete the following: VA Form 22-5495

Visiting Students

If you are a visiting student at BPCC taking classes to transfer back to your parent college, there are certain steps to take while using the GI Bill®.

Please contact the Veteran Educational Services office for the details to ensure your benefits are processed correctly.

Licensing and Certification Reimbursement

In today’s business and federal workforce, having a license or certification can open doors for you. A license is required for most professions, and for jobs that are subject to state or other government regulations.

Reimbursement for certain licensing and certification tests have been specifically approved for the GI Bill® by the Department of Veterans Affairs. VA will pay only for the cost of the tests, not any other fees connected with obtaining a license or certification.

Please read about reimbursements of licensing and certifications and what is allowable

Application for Reimbursement

BPCC Foundation Scholarships –

Please indicate in your essay for the scholarship packet that you are military affiliated so the foundation staff can take that into consideration for military affiliated scholarships.

Support Services

BPCC’s new Cavalier Care Center, located in building F, assists students by removing barriers to success. Some of the services students may receive assistance with include S.N.A.P., WIC, Medicaid, EITC, and food pantry.  Please contact them at or 318-678-6148.

There are also a number of local area resources to support military-affiliated students. Listed below are a few examples of the organizations that may be able to help.

Overton Brooks VA Medical Center
510 East Stoner Avenue
Shreveport LA 71101

Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment
3341 Youree Drive, Suite 109
Shreveport, LA 71105

Bossier Parish DVA
2292 Barksdale Blvd
Bossier City, LA 71112

Woody’s Home For Veterans
448 Jordan Street
Shreveport LA 71101

VFW Post 2885
Hunter Rickerson Post
127 W Roosevelt Dr.
Minden, LA 71055

VFW Post 4588
Gandy-Brown Post
1004 Jeter St
Bossier City, LA 71111

Veteran Crisis Hotline
1-800-273-8255 ( Press 1)

Readjustment Counseling Services
2800 Youree Dr. Bldg. 1 Ste. 105
Shreveport LA 71104

Caddo Parish DVA
1237 Murphy Street
Shreveport LA 71101

Vet Center
Shreveport, LA 71104

Disabled American Veterans #30
7012 Suntan Street
Shreveport LA 71108

American Legion
3515 South Lakeshore Drive
Shreveport LA 71109

Volunteers of America Veteran Services
313 Arthur Ray Teague Pkwy
Shreveport LA 71101

Northwest LA Veterans Home
453 Jordan Street
Bossier City  LA 71112

Natchitoches Parish DVA
203 St Denis St Rm 207
Natchitoches, LA 71457

Troops To Teachers
Capital Station
Baton Rouge, LA 70804-9095

LA Work Force Commission
Veterans Outreach Program
2900 Dowdell Street
Shreveport LA 71103-3810