Using Military Education Benefits @ BPCC
What Benefits are accepted?
- Chapter 30-Montgomery GI Bill®
- Chapter 31-Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment
- Chapter 33- Post 9/11 GI Bill® (certificate of Eligibility required)
- Chapter 35-DEA- Dependent Education Assistance
- 1606-Montgomery GI Bill®-Selective Reserve
- 1607-Reserve Education Assistance Program
**Learn and apply for the above benefits at www.va.gov under the education option.
Active Duty Tuition Assistance
- Active duty military using tuition assistance are required to have a current TA briefing through the base education office before enrolling in education programs. Please contact the base education office to find out when briefings are offered and schedule an appointment. 2FSS.FSDE@US.AF.MIL Or call (318) 456-2616/2615
- DOD requires that all active duty military must take a departmental placement test if they are not receiving transfer credit from another accredited institution for Math and English. www.bpcc.edu/admissions/placement-testing
- All education goals must be approved by the base education office.
- BPCC degree programs, courses, session dates, and credit hour rates are preloaded in the AI Portal for your convenience.
- Upon completion of loading your course information on the portal, please bring your approved TA form to the business office on campus in Building F for payment processing.
- Grades are reported within 30 days of completion of the course.
- BPCC will waive certain course fees that Tuition Assistance does not pay.
- All active duty military do not pay out of state tuition at BPCC. If you are charged out of state tuition on your account, please contact the business office. Please fill out an Out-of-State Tuition Waiver Request form at www.bpcc.edu/admissions/admissions-forms.
MyCAA-MILITARY SPOUSE CAREER ADVANCEMENT ACCOUNT:
**Contact BPCC academic advising for assistance with the MyCAA packet
Louisiana National Guard Tuition Waiver
- If you are a member of the Louisiana National Guard, you may be eligible for a tuition waiver through the state of Louisiana. The waiver only applies to the tuition you are charged at BPCC. The fees and books are the responsibility of the student.
- The tuition waiver requires the student to maintain a 2.0 GPA and declare a degree program. Certificates of Technical Studies, Technical Diplomas, non-credit coursework, or Technical Competency Areas are not covered by the tuition waiver.
- Please contact the LA National Guard Education Office to ensure eligibility of the tuition waiver.
- LA State Tuition Exemption Manager/State GI Bill® Manager
- 504-278-8273 email@example.com
- For more detailed inquiries, please contact
- ARNG GI Bill® Support Team 866-628-5999
- For more information, please visit the following website: https://geauxguard.la.gov/education/
LOUISIANA TITLE 29 TUITION EXEMPTION FOR DEPENDENTS
**Please apply for this state benefit at your local Veteran Services Office.