If you are a new student, a transfer student, or even a continuing student, there are many reasons why you might need to take a math, English, and/or reading placement test. Bossier Parish Community College offers the ACCUPLACER Placement Test. Before you register for classes, read the information about placement tests and developmental education courses found in the Academic Bulletin and Schedule of Classes and the General Catalog. You should take a placement test if one of the following applies:
- you did not take the ACT Test™;
- your official ACT Test™ scores have not been received by the Admissions/Registrar’s Office;
- your ACT Test™ scores are below 19 in Math, 16 in Reading, and 18 in English;
- your transcripts from other colleges have not been received.
Note: Math, English and/or reading placement test scores will determine developmental course placement (such as MATH 097, MATH 098, MATH 099, READ 099, ENGL 098, ENGL 099, and EDUC 099) or college-level course placement (such as MATH 102 and ENGL 101).
- The ACCUPLACER Placement Test is offered during registration and at designated times throughout the semester.
- A valid government issued photo ID is required. The applicant’s name as it appears on the ID must match College records.
- No cell phones are allowed during testing.
- No unauthorized person – including parents, guardians, children, friends – are allowed in the testing room.
- Placement tests are administered at no cost to BPCC students. Non-BPCC students will be charged $10 per test.
- No appointments are necessary for the times listed below.
|Thursday, April 25, 2019||1:30 p.m.||G319|
|Thursday, May 16, 2019||1:30 p.m.||G319|
|Monday, May 20, 2019||9:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.||G319|
|Tuesday, May 21, 2019||9:00 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.||G319|
|Tuesday, June 18, 2019||1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.||G319|
For additional information regarding placement tests, contact the Office of Academic Planning at 318-678-6335 or 318-678-6049.A valid photo ID is required for testing. For additional information regarding placement tests, visit www.bpcc.edu/placementtesting or The Office of Academic Planning at (318)678-6335 or (318)678-6049.
Students with disabilities needing accommodations for Placement Testing should contact Disability Services at 318-678-6539, Angie Cao.
BPCC Placement Scores
If ACT scores fall in the ranges listed below, the BPCC Placement Test must be taken unless the college mathematics and/or English courses have already been taken or unless enrollment is scheduled in the appropriate developmental course(s).
Developmental Education Courses
Developmental education courses are provided for BPCC students who score below the minimum required BPCC Placement Test scores. developmental courses include EDUC 099, READ 099, CIS 099, ENGL 098, ENGL 099, and MATH 097, MATH 098, and MATH 099. These semester-length courses will transfer to other post-secondary institutions as equivalent courses but will not satisfy degree requirements.
Bossier Parish Community College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, gender, age, religion, qualified disability, marital status, veteran’s status, or sexual orientation in admission to its programs, services, or activities, in access to them, in treatment of individuals, or in any aspect of its operations. Bossier Parish Community College does not discriminate in its hiring or employment practices.
Title VI, Section 504, and ADA Coordinator: Angie Cao, Disability Services Coordinator, Disability Services, F254, 6220 East Texas Street, Bossier City, LA, 71111, 318-678-6511, email@example.com. Equity/Compliance Coordinator: Teri Bashara, Director of Human Resources, Human Resources Office, A-105, 6220 East Texas Street, Bossier City, LA, 71111, 318-678-6056, firstname.lastname@example.org.