An election is held each fall to select a Homecoming Court to be presented at the Homecoming basketball game which is held during the spring semester. The court consists of a King and Queen, three Sophomore Maids (30 credit hours or more) and three Freshman Maids (29 credit hours or less). The sophomore candidate receiving the highest number of votes serves as the Queen.
All Homecoming Court nominees must meet the following qualifications:
- Plan to attend BPCC next spring semester
- Have and maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA or higher through fall semester
- Be a full-time student in good standing enrolled in 12 hours or more
- Be nominated by a student organization, academic department or faculty/staff member
All Homecoming Court members will be expected to participate in all Homecoming activities which include the court presentation practice, the court luncheon, the basketball game and half-time presentation, and official court photos (taken at the game).
Interest meetings will be held in F-220 on the following dates:
- Tuesday, October 9, 2018 | 12:30 p.m.
- Monday, October 15, 2018 | 1:00 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 24, 2018 | 12:00 p.m.
All nomination forms are due in F-220 by 12:30 p.m. on Friday, October 26, 2018.
The following forms MUST be submitted by the nomination deadline:
The online election will open at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, November 7, 2018. Eligible voters will receive voting credentials in their BPCC student email account. The online election will close at 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Friday, November 9, 2018. Results will be officially announced at 12:30 p.m. in Building F.
Office of Student Life (F-220) | 318-678-6035 | email@example.com