BPCC we will hold in-person commencement exercises this spring. All BPCC graduates from throughout 2020 will have the opportunity to walk across the stage and have their names called during the ceremony.
The ceremony for our spring 2020, summer 2020, fall 2020, and spring 2021 graduates will be held outdoors on Friday, May 14 at 7:00 p.m. at Airline High School Stadium. The ceremony will be streamed online for those unable to attend in person.
BPCC will follow all state and CDC guidelines regarding maximum capacity restrictions, physical distancing, and mask wearing. Masks will be required at all times. Please know that if the status of the pandemic changes, or if the state’s event guidelines change, our ceremony could also change. At this time, here is what to expect if you attend:
- Each graduate will be allocated a limited number of guest tickets. More information on tickets will be provided in late April.
- More information on locations and times will be posted at https://www.bpcc.edu/graduation once we know how many graduates are attending. Your RSVP, whether yes or no, is critical to our planning process.
- Graduates will be seated in physically distanced seats and will be invited to walk across the stage when their names are called.
- To minimize contact with others, graduates will not shake hands with anyone while on stage.
- The platform party will be minimal in order to reduce the density of people at the ceremony and accommodate as many guests as possible.
- The ceremony will be supported by BPCC staff and student groups who will direct attendees to appropriate seating, facilitate physical distancing, and ensure appropriate use of masks.
To properly plan for our graduation ceremony, we need to know exactly who is planning to attend. We need as accurate a headcount as possible and may not be able to accommodate late submissions or day-of walkups. If you missed the submission deadline of April 9, 2021 to RSVP, please email Graduation@bpcc.edu by May 1, 2021. In the email, please state your full name, LoLA ID#, program of study, and the semester/year (spring 2020, summer 2020, fall 2020, or spring 2021) you graduated.
To request that your diploma or certificate be mailed, please contact the Academic Planning Office at Graduation@bpcc.edu. In the email, provide your Full Name, LoLA ID, Program of Study, and Current Mailing Address.
For students who fulfill all graduation requirements, BPCC will award certificates, technical diplomas, and degrees on the published graduation date. Documentation of an earned credential is reflected on your College transcript, which is the official certification that students have been awarded the credential from the institution.
If you have any questions about your graduation status, you may contact the Academic Planning Office at Graduation@bpcc.edu.