Script Submission Guidelines
The Division of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences is accepting film scripts for competition. If you have written a script and desire to see it produced, follow the script submission guidelines below.
- The script must be accompanied by an entry form.
- The script must be submitted on a CD, flash drive, or by email (see address below). The writer(s) name, address, email, and telephone number should be included.
- Length of script should be a minimum of 35 minutes (pages) but not exceed 50 minutes (pages).
- The script should be adaptable for television so excessive violence or abusive and suggestive language may have to be altered.
- The script must be in English.
- Multiple screenplays are accepted but each submission requires a separate entry form.
- Bossier Parish Community College is not responsible for CDs lost, stolen, or lost in shipping.
- Judges’ decisions are final.
- Submissions must be in a standard motion picture script format.
- Each script must include a four sentence or fewer synopsis.
- Scripts will not be returned.
- Bossier Parish Community College reserves the right not to produce any script which is submitted if it does not meet the needs or guidelines of the production team.
- The screenwriter(s) will be invited to attend the premiere, receive a copy of the movie, and be credited for their work.
- All scripts should be received in our office by November 15th
- All scripts received after November 15th of each year will be judged in the following year’s competition.
- If your script is selected a script usage release form will need to be signed confirming the following: 1) you will receive credit as writer of the original work. 2) The final produced work in digital or physical form (DVD/Blue Ray) will become the property of Bossier Parish Community College and I will not be able to make financial gain from the college’s end product. 3) No payment, fee, or stipend will be paid. 4) This script is an original work. 5) This work may be altered/adapted in a form necessary to the production. The screenwriter cannot hold liable Bossier Parish Community College, the Division of Communication and Performing Arts, or its employees for these changes. 6) This work has not been previously optioned or purchased. 7) During the time Bossier Parish Community College is competing with this project I will take no independent steps to compete against the product they have produced.
Please send scripts to:
Division of Arts, Humanities, and Social Sciences
Bossier Parish Community College
6220 East Texas St.
Bossier City, LA 71111