The FAME Program was established with the mission of providing global-best workforce development through strong technical training, integration of manufacturing core competencies, intensive professional practices, and intentional hands-on experience to build the future of the modern manufacturing industry
FAME, or the Federation for Advance Manufacturing Education, is implemented through local employers in partnership with a college partner. FAME programs are a conduit between industry and education, transforming students into essential professionals through hands-on curriculum.
BPCC FAME Program has two locations with several industry partners:
- NWLA FAME Chapter located in Bossier City, La
- Geaux FAME Chapter located in Natchitoches, La
2 year Earn-While-You-Learn Training program:
- 24 hours a week at employer site
- 16 hours a week in educational training
Those enrolled into the FAME Program will start a work/study program to earn an associate degree and certification as an Advanced Manufacturing Technician (AMT). FAME Students attend classes at a local community college two days a week (8 hours or more each day) and will work at least 24 hours a week (8 hours or more each day for three days) for a local, sponsoring employer – being paid a competitive wage.
- A graduating high school Senior looking to start in the workforce?
- Career-oriented and seeking rewarding work with attractive benefits?
- Interested in graduating debt-free?
- Someone who values hands-on training and education?
- Interested in pursuing a manufacturing and STEM-related career path?
- Wanting to advance quickly in your career to pursue the lifestyle you want?
Office: L-125 or L-118