Terms and Conditions

Acceptance of your financial aid award indicates that you agree to comply with the rules and regulations that govern the programs for aid as well as the policies of this institution. Your award is subject to change if corrections or revisions are made to the information you provided on your applications for aid.

Funds are awarded based on anticipated hours for the upcoming semester. The initial award amounts are based on full time enrollment and subject to change due to change in enrollment status. Please note this award is based on enrollment in an approved Title IV eligible program.

It is your responsibility to read and understand all “Terms”, “Terms and Conditions”, and “Rights and Responsibilities” prior to accepting federal financial aid awards.

Additional Assistance

If you receive additional funds not listed on your Award Notice (scholarships, departmental awards, etcetera) report them immediately to the Financial Aid Office. Your aid may be adjusted as a result of these funds. You will be notified in writing of any resulting changes in your eligibility for aid.

Previously Received Title IV Aid

You must not be in default on any federal educational loans, or owe any refunds on federal grants received at any post-secondary institution to receive federal student aid.

Use of Funds

Funds received through financial assistance programs may only be used for educationally-related expenses incurred for the academic year. All federal aid (with the exception of FWS) will be applied directly to your institutional charges, which may include: tuition, fees, housing and other allowable charges. Funds in excess of these charges will be paid to you within 14 days of the existing credit balance, unless otherwise authorized by you in writing.

Enrollment Requirements

Generally you must be enrolled as a regular student in an eligible program to receive financial aid. Because aid programs can have specific enrollment requirements (i.e. must be enrolled six hours, etc…), be sure to check your awards for their minimum enrollment status requirements.


Withdrawal from coursework may jeopardize your current and future financial aid eligibility. If you withdraw or are asked to withdraw, you must inform the Financial Aid Office immediately. Depending on the length of your enrollment for the academic period, you may be required to repay all or part of the aid you received.

Satisfactory Academic Progress

Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) is the measure of a student’s successful completion of coursework toward a certificate or degree. Federal regulations require schools to monitor cumulative grade point average and the percentage of coursework completed at least once a year. Students who fail to achieve minimum standards may lose their eligibility for federal, state and institutional financial aid programs. You must read and understand the BPCC SAP policy.

Enroll in courses that apply to your degree program

You must only enroll in courses that will lead to a degree or certification and it must be your intent and purpose to obtain a degree or certification at Bossier Parish Community College.

Repeated Courses

Federal financial aid funds may be paid for repeated coursework previously taken in the program but may not include more than one repetition of a previously passed course. This means courses for which you have passed with a grade of D or better can only be repeated once in your enrollment status to count for Federal Financial Aid funding.

Session courses

Federal financial aid for Pell grants is paid on attending hours. Students enrolled in sessions may not be eligible for their full disbursement until subsequent sessions begin. Disbursement for sessions will occur ten (10) days after the class begins and is determined after the instructor confirms you began attending the class.

Use your federal funds for educational expenses

Acceptance of your financial aid award indicates that you agree to use any funds you receive under the federally assisted loans, grants, or work-study programs only for expenses related to your study at Bossier Parish Community College.

Enrollment Requirements

Federal Financial Aid enrollment requires:

  1. You must be enrolled in an eligible degree program and
  2. You must be enrolled in eligible courses that apply to your degree program

Federal Direct Loans
You must be enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours that apply to your degree program.

Federal Work-Study (FWS)
You must be enrolled in at least six (6) credit hours that apply to your degree program.

Federal Grants (Pell grant, SEOG)
Students eligible for grants do not have to enroll full time to receive grants. Grants are prorated based upon the Expected Family Contribution (EFC) from the FAFSA and eligible hours enrolled.

Federal Direct Loans

All FRESHMEN, first time borrowers must complete Loan Entrance Counseling for Undergraduate Students before loans will be originated.

All student loan borrowers must complete and submit a Master Promissory Note (MPN)electronically every 10 years unless inactivated by student.

All Federal Direct Loans must be disbursed in two separate disbursements regardless of length of loan period. Students attending both Fall and Spring semesters will receive two disbursements; one in the fall semester and one in the spring semester. Direct loans for students who are attending only one semester in an academic year (fall only, spring only, or summer only) will be divided into two disbursements; the first disbursement at the beginning of the semester and the second disbursement around mid-term.

Refunds and the BankMobile Refund Service

Bossier Parish Community College issues refunds through the use of the BankMobile Refund Service. The BankMobile Refund Service gives the students options for selecting how they would like to receive their refund.

Information explaining the BankMobile Refund Service and how is works for the student.

Incarcerated Students

Incarcerated students are not eligible for federal financial aid.

An incarcerated student is a student that is serving a criminal sentence in a federal, state or local penitentiary, prison, jail reformatory, work farm or similar correctional institution. A student is not considered to be incarcerated if they are in a halfway house or home detention or is sentence to serve only weekends.

Drug Convictions

Students convicted of drug offenses committed while receiving Title IV federal financial aid may be ineligible for federal financial aid for one or more years from the date of conviction. Federal aid includes: Federal Student Loans, Federal PLUS Loans, Federal Grants and Federal Work Study.

More information about drug convictions and federal aid eligibility.