BPCC is committed to keeping our campus community safe and healthy. COVID-19 has brought changes in our campus operations and in our expectations for students with self-awareness being critical in keeping students healthy while on campus.
Students are expected to abide by the Cavalier Commitment which includes a Personal Health Screening each time they come to campus. If you answer YES to any of the personal health screening items, you are advised to go home, stay away from other people, and contact your health care provider.
In addition to the Personal Health Screening, the College expects students to do the following:
- Wear a mask during a mask mandate for the College
- Maintain healthy personal hygiene
- Wash hands frequently, using soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching their face, nose, and mouth
- Stay home if exhibiting respiratory symptoms such as a cough, difficulty breathing, or fever until the student is fever-free for 24 hours. Students are strongly encouraged to contact their healthcare providers if these symptoms appear
Given the new guidance from the CDC and the state, vaccinated students and faculty do not have to quarantine if they come in contact with someone who tests positive for Covid-19. Unvaccinated students and faculty will have to quarantine if they come in close contact with someone who tests positive for Covid-19 and report the required quarantine to the appropriate instructors for students or supervisor for faculty. Per the CDC, unvaccinated students and faculty are encouraged to continue wearing masks on campus to ensure the safety of themselves and others.
Thank you for abiding by BPCC’s Cavalier Commitment and keeping our campus safe and healthy!