Ladies in Gold Danceline
Bossier Parish Community College danceline is a full year commitment. The Ladies in Gold Danceline performs at all home basketball games and represents the College at various events on-campus and in the community throughout the year. Applicants must have a cumulative 2.0 GPA in order to tryout. High school seniors and transfer students must provide a transcript or other documentation for GPA verification prior to tryouts. Applicants must also submit the following on the first day of clinic: dance application, liability waiver, media release, copy of medical insurance card, and $25 tryout fee. Tuition waivers are available.
- Must maintain a full-time status (12 hours or more)
- Must maintain a 2.00 or higher grade point average
- Must NOT have received prior tuition waivers totaling six semesters at BPCC
- Must be in good academic standing at BPCC or previous school attended
- Must be in good physical health and have no health or physical complications that would hamper the ability to perform as a danceline member or would cause dancing to be a unsafe activity
- Must attend all practices and events scheduled by the advisor
- Must commit to 20 hours of community service per semester
- Must remain dedicated to squad unity and to Bossier Parish Community College
- Must be able to set aside personal desire in favor of squad excellence
Normal Practice Schedule
During the fall and spring semesters, practice is held on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. and Sundays from 4:00 – 7:00 p.m. During the summer semester, practice is held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:30 – 8:45 a.m.
Camp & Practice Info
The BPCC Ladies in Gold Danceline is a Universal Dance Association (UDA) team and competes alongside the BPCC Cavalier Cheerleaders in the Game Day Category at UCA College Nationals in Orlando, FL in the winter. The team will attend UDA Dance Camp July 16-19, 2020 in Tuscaloosa, AL. To prepare for camp, summer practice will begin the first week of June. No practice will be held July 20 – August 10, 2020. The normal practice schedule for the fall semester will begin Tuesday, August 11, 2020.
Clinic will be held in the BPCC Gym (Building I) on the date listed below:
Saturday, April 25, 2020 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.
Registration will begin at 9:30 a.m. with a brief meeting and the collection of required paperwork followed by weigh-ins and warm-up, and then tryout material will be taught. Clinic will consist of learning and practicing tryout material. Applicants must submit the following: dance application, liability waiver, media release, GPA verification, copy of medical insurance card, and $25 tryout fee (cash only).
Tryouts will be held in the BPCC Gym (Building I) on the following date:
Sunday, April 26, 2020 3:30 p.m.
All participants must report to the gym at 2:00 p.m. for practice. In addition, an open practice for those interested in trying out will be held Sunday, March 22, 2020 from 6:00 – 8:00 p.m. Tryouts are closed to spectators. The facility is located at 6220 East Texas Street.
Participants should wear jazz shoes, tan dance tights, black hot pants (Nike pro type shorts) and a black sports bra. Hair should be half up, and make-up should look collegiate with a dark lip. Participants will also need tennis shoes for the hip-hop portion of tryouts. Tattoos should be covered. Only short nude nails are allowed. No visible piercings. Participants may wear dance team style earrings but no other jewelry is allowed.
Participants must learn a YouTube dance prior to clinic and must contact Rachel Randolph for the link to the video which will be available on March 6, 2020. Please include your name and where you attended high school in your text.
The following requirements must also be met by all participants; however, materials are subject to change:
- Double turn
- Right, left, and middle splits
- Jump split
- Press right leap and chassé leap
- Toe touch
- Tilt kicks
- Two eight counts of high kicks by yourself
- Four eight counts of choreographed kicks with other participants
- Special skill of choice
- Dance, fight song, and cheer/chant taught at clinic
Practice Uniforms – $150 | Uniform Deposit – $100 | Camp Fees – $135 | Shoes – $100
Those interested in trying out for the squad must contact Rachel Randolph for tryout forms.
Rachel Randolph, Advisor | Call: 318-678-6447 | Text: 318-393-4379 | email@example.com | A-133