The purpose of the Student Government Association (SGA) is to encourage meaningful participation in student activities, to represent and execute the student will, and to promote the general welfare of self-government. SGA members, who are elected by the student body, represent all BPCC students by providing input into College policies and College management. During the fall and spring semesters, the SGA members serve as the voice of advocacy for all students on the BPCC campus. In addition, SGA members assist with events and activities sponsored by the Office of Student Life. Students are elected to serve as representatives or executive officers (President, Vice President and Secretary/Treasurer). Tuition waivers are available for executive officers only. The SGA meets every Tuesday at 3:30 p.m. in the Office of Student Life (F-220). Meetings are open to all currently-enrolled BPCC students. SGA members are required to attend.
Executive Officer Qualifications
President, Vice President, and Secretary positions are open for the 22-23 school year.
- 2.5 or higher cumulative GPA
- Minimum of 12 semester hours completed at BPCC
Full-time student currently enrolled in 12 or more credit hours
Eighteen (18) Representative positions are open for the 22-23 school year.
- 2.0 or higher cumulative GPA
- Currently enrolled in at least 6 credit hours
Applications are due by 4:30 p.m. on Thursday, April 14, 2022. Submit completed application and BPCC Release Form to the Office of Student Life (F-220) or via e-mail to email@example.com.
The online election will open at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, April 20, 2022. Eligible voters will receive voting credentials in their BPCC student email account. The online election will close at 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Friday, April 22, 2022. Results will be posted online.
- Candidates are not required to campaign, but it is encouraged.
- Campaigning is only allowed during election week.
- Candidates are expected to represent themselves in a respectful manner and demonstrate good sportsmanship.
- Campaign flyers/posters may NOT be placed on cars, elevators, glass windows/doors, or painted surfaces.
- Candidates are responsible for removing all campaign materials at the conclusion of the election.