Release date: October 16, 2018
Bossier Parish Community College Student Government Association (SGA) & the Office of Student Life won multiple awards at the 2018 Association for the Promotion of Campus Activities (APCA) South Central Conference this past weekend in Houston, TX.
The group brought home the following awards:
- 3rd place Graphics Competition, T-Shirt Design: SGA Representative Terry Hawkins
- 2nd place Graphics Competition, Novelty Item: Office of Student Life Color Change Cup
- 1st place Graphics Competition, Novelty Item: Office of Student Life Caring Cavalier Kick Off Welcome Week Bag
- 1st place Program/Event of the Year: Office of Student Life and SGA Diversity & Awareness Series Suicide Prevention Positivity Project
- APCA South Central Advisor of the Year: Tiffany Sandifer (SGA Advisor)
APCA promotes campus engagement through quality educational experiences, affordable entertainment and community service initiatives. Throughout the year, APCA hosts leadership development workshops and campus events planning conferences and offer top of the line educational sessions, exhibit halls, and live showcases, providing opportunities for colleges and organizations to network and meet new vendors and artists for campus event planning needs. Last year, more than 600 schools and 2000+ students and higher education professionals attended APCA conferences and institutes.
The BPCC Student Government Association (SGA) encourages meaningful participation in student activities, to represent and execute the student will, and to promote the general welfare of self-government. SGA members are elected by the student body and represent all BPCC students by providing input into College policies and College management.
The Office of Student Life provides programs and services which aid and enrich the educational and cultural experiences of the student body.