- Named one of the Fastest Growing Community Colleges in the nation – by Community College Week
- Named “A Great Colleges to Work For” – by Chronicle of Higher Ed
- Associate of Science in Nursing students: 8% above national average for passing the NCLIX (2011-2015)
- Nursing program ranked the #1 nursing program among all of Louisiana’s community college nursing programs and ranked in the top 20% of nursing programs in the Eastern region of the country, according to NurseJournal.org
- BPCC PTA program graduates have achieved a “first-time pass rate of 100%” on the National Physical Therapy Exam (NPTE), an essential part of the PTA licensing process after graduation, for two consecutive years.
- Articulation agreements between BPCC and 4-year schools making seamless transfer of coursework
- Seven Awards for Theater Program at Kennedy Center’s National Theater Arts Festival in Washington, DC
- BPCC Debate Team’s third consecutive year ranked in the top five nationally
- Renovated Learning Commons (Library and Technology Resource Center) Fall 2015
- Subway™ restaurant in Student Services Building
- Partnerships with Shreve Memorial Libraries and Bossier Parish Libraries extends adult education services (HiSET, ESL, Financial Literacy) to 14 additional locations
- First college in Louisiana selected to the M-List by “The Manufacturing Institute”
- One of only three colleges in the nation to receive funding from the Manufacturing Institute to support training for veterans transitioning from military service
- State-of-the-art $22M Center for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Technologies opened in Fall 2014 – Houses BPCC’s oil and gas technology, engineering, construction, and manufacturing programs
- Named as a Military Friendly School by GI Jobs magazine for sixth consecutive year
- Men’s and Women’s Cross Country added as a competitive sport – Fall 2015
Bossier Parish Community College (BPCC), a two-year community college located in Northwest Louisiana, is one of the fastest growing community colleges in the nation, according to Community College Week!
Why are we one of the fastest-growing? BPCC empowers the regional workforce by creating innovative programs specifically designed to align with regional high-demand employment sectors such as:
- Nursing and allied health
- oil and gas tech
- construction management
We have associate degree programs and numerous certificates which prepare students directly for the workforce OR assist them in continuing their education. If students choose to transfer to a 4-year school, BPCC has agreements with universities across Louisiana allowing for a seamless transfer of coursework.
Our students also enjoy access to the latest in instructional technology:
- More than 100 courses across all disciplines are taught online.
- Our innovative Nursing and Allied Health building in construction now will soon allow BPCC to train students in a simulation lab suite where high-fidelity simulators provide a learning environment for hands-on, patient care skills in a variety of areas.
- New Advanced Welding, Advanced Manufacturing and Mechatronics programs to meet the specific needs in the regional economy.
- The state-of-the-art $22M Center for Advanced Manufacturing and Engineering Technologies is a flexible, world-class workspace houses BPCC’s oil and gas technology, engineering, construction, and manufacturing programs. The new space allows workers to train at BPCC for jobs in manufacturing, energy and construction sectors.
- The Manufacturing Institute announced that BPCC was selected as the newest member of the M-List. The M-List recognizes high schools, community colleges, and universities that are teaching manufacturing students to industry standards. Specifically, these institutions offer students the opportunity to earn NAM-Endorsed Manufacturing Skills Certifications as a standard part of their manufacturing education programs. BPCC was the ONLY school selected from Louisiana.
Our Community Partnerships:
We are proud of our long-standing partnership with Barksdale Air Force Base and we’re honored to have been named for six consecutive years to the coveted Military Friendly Schools® list, which honors the top 15 percent of colleges, universities, and vocational schools who provide outstanding service to military students. Local servicemen and women, family members, and veterans continually look to our school for their educational advancement.
BPCC is also proud of the partnerships with business and industry in the region. Many of the area companies serve on advisory boards and have direct input into our curriculum so that our programs align with their needs. Partners such as AEP Swepco, Benteler Steel/Tube, BHP Billiton, Capital One, Citizens National Bank, Red Ball Oxygen, Willis-Knighton Health System, to name a few work closely with BPCC to provide our students with the most up-to-date industry information.