To meet face-to-face with an academic advisor during scheduled business hours come to the Advising Center (F-250) and sign-in. No appointment is required. Students will be seen on a first-come/first-serve basis.
For online students, email your questions and/or requests to firstname.lastname@example.org. Through email, advisors can help you enroll/drop courses, create a degree plan (APlan), and assist with other problems not requiring on-campus support services.
To speak on the phone with an advisor, call 318-678-6489 and leave a message. An advisor will return your call when possible. Academic Advisors will not enroll students in or drop students from classes over the phone.
When emailing or calling, be sure to include your full name, student ID#, and a preferred email address. Allow at least 48 hours for an advisor to respond. It is recommended, whenever possible, to meet with advisors face-to-face.
To help insure that your meeting with an advisor goes as smoothly as possible:
- If not present on your BPCC transcript and you wish to use courses from other colleges to count toward your major, bring an unofficial copy of your transcript(s) to the meeting with your advisor.
- If not present on your BPCC transcript, a copy of your ACT®, SAT®,Compass®, or AccuPlacer test scores.
- If you do not have ACT®, SAT®,Compass®, or AccuPlacer test scores then you will need to take our Placement tests.
Students pursuing an online degree or taking only online courses should note the following online contact information:
- Email your full name and student ID# (LOLA number) to email@example.com to begin an email conversation to answer questions and/or receive help with registering in or dropping classes.
- Call the Advising Center at 318-678-6489 to have an advisor return your call. Please have your full name, student ID#, phone number, and preferred email address ready when you call.
- Email or call the Advising Center to set up a SKYPE video conference with an academic advisor.
With each of the above options, please allow up to 48 hours for a response.