As part of an agreement with the city of Bossier City, SuddenLink Communications of Bossier City has agreed to set aside cable channel twelve (12) as the Public, Education, and Government (PEG) access channel. With mutual consent of SuddenLink Communications of Bossier City and Bossier Parish Community College, Communication Media conducts the day-to-day operation of the PEG channel.
In order to serve the needs of the viewing public, the following guidelines and criteria have been established:
- All programming must fall into one of the three categories as addressed in the city charter (public, education, or government in nature).
- Programming will meet guidelines in decency and decorum.
- Only noncommercial, not-for-profit programs will be cablecast.
- Communication Media reserves the right to refuse any programming that may be controversial or inflammatory in nature or does not meet the criteria as stated above.
- SuddenLink Communications of Bossier City is ultimately responsible to the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) for the content of the channel.
Homework Hangout began in 1990 and was formerly known as Homework Hotline.
Today, Homework Hangout functions as a way for kids to unwind before getting started on their homework. BPCC Division of Communication and Performing Arts invites elementary-age students from local schools to participate on set. Each school spends a week with the Homework Hangout crew.
The crew is staffed by BPCC students who handle all production aspects of the show.Homework Hangout airs on Suddenlink Channel 12 (KCAV-TV) Monday – Thursday at 4:00 p.m.
BPCC Daily News is the division’s live news television show. Completely produced by our Communication Media students, who function as on-air talent and in all areas of production, the show airs on Suddenlink Channel 12 (KCAV-TV) Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 12:30 p.m.
This is BPCC, produced by the Live Video Production class, features members of the BPCC community who are interviewed about events, programs and college experiences.
The Picture Show, a movie review program where our student hosts screen the latest movies in theaters and let us know what’s worth the watch. This show airs on Suddenlink Channel 12 (KCAV-TV) Friday at 2:30 p.m.
Strategies for Living, hosted by local psychologist David McMillian, provides tips on topics that effect our everyday lives. Strategies for Living airs on Suddenlink Channel 12 (KCAV-TV) Monday at 12:00 p.m.