BPCC provides expanded educational opportunities for peace officers completing POST (Police Officers Standards and Training) Certification.
Fifteen (15) credit hours can be earned in Criminal Justice courses with verification of POST certification and completion of three (3) semester hours in residence at Bossier Parish Community College.
Once students have met these requirements, the following five (5) Criminal Justice courses will be posted to their BPCC transcript.
- CJUS 101: Introduction to Criminal Justice
- CJUS 202: Criminal Investigation
- CJUS 250: Police Procedures
- CJUS 291: Criminal Evidence and Procedure
- CJUS 292: Police-Community Relations
Additionally, students will be required to submit appropriate documentation of POST Certification.
*The certification now includes out-of-state peace officer commissions meeting training criteria.
For more information, please contact: