A book allowance is an advance on your financial aid refund that allows you to purchase books and supplies at the BPCC Follett Bookstore. The amount of the book charges will be deducted from your financial aid refund.
When will I be able to purchase books with the electronic book allowance?
Dates for book allowance purchases will be prominently posted each semester in a text box on the main Financial Aid page.
How do I qualify for a book allowance?
In order to qualify you must meet the following criteria:
- Be an undergraduate student registered for the semester
- Have a valid, current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) on file with Bossier Parish Community College
- Have ALL financial aid requirements successfully satisfied
- Be meeting satisfactory academic progress standards
- Be awarded and have accepted financial aid with an expected credit balance of $100.00 or more for the semester. You may check your expected credit balance on LOLA. Be sure you choose the correct term – (example: fall 2014) and then view “Account Summary by Term”.
How much can I receive?
The amount depends on how much you have available in financial aid funding after your charges have been paid. This includes tuition and fees.
The maximum amount of a book allowance is $1,000.
Do I need to present the bookstore with a paper book voucher?
No. Staff at the bookstore can view your book allowance information online; however, you must show your BPCC Student ID and your schedule of classes.
Do I need to go to the Financial Aid office to obtain a paper book voucher?
No. You will need to go to the bookstore with your student ID and your schedule of classes.
What if I don’t spend the full amount of my allowance?
You will only be charged for the amount that you spend at the BPCC Follett Bookstore. If you do not use the full amount of the allowance, your account will be adjusted to reflect your actual purchases.
If you do not owe a student account balance, you will be issued a financial aid refund for the remaining amount. Refund processing will occur approximately two weeks after the first day of classes.
If you’ve made any changes to your registration or housing charges and your student account balance exceeds the amount of pending financial aid, you no longer qualify to participate in the book allowance program.
Continuously check your Student Account Summary page on LOLA to review your student account balance.
Also, check your financial aid awards. Changes to your financial aid that result in funds being reduced or removed may affect your eligibility.