Bossier Parish Community College recognizes that this is a stressful time and that converting courses to an online format may add to the stress students are already feeling. Please know that BPCC is committed to supporting students during these extenuating circumstances and doing all that we can to ensure that you have the opportunity to complete your spring classes and continue your programs through the summer and fall. In addition to the information available here, please be sure to do the following:
- Regularly check the College’s Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates page
- Check mybpcc (Canvas) daily for communication from your instructors
- Check your college email account daily for updates from the College
Completing your Spring semester Successfully
Taking Online Courses
For important tips in how to be successful in online courses, join the myBPCC (Canvas) course titled: How to be a Successful Online Student. Click the link below for access to the course that features 7 short videos demonstrating the most important features in myBPC (Canvas).
Steps to Stay on Top of Classes
- Log-in to myBPCC(Canvas) and check each of your courses for messages from your instructors, updates to your syllabi, and changes to your course requirements. Face-to-face classes have moved online. Contact your instructors immediately with any questions or concerns you have, or if anything is not clear to you.
- Make a note of all your instructors’ preferred methods of communication and their office hours.
- If you have disability accommodations, message your instructors in Canvas with any information or questions that you have regarding your transition to online. Questions about your accommodations can be emailed to the Disability Services Coordinator, Angie Cao at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you have any change in your circumstances and/or availability for your classes, communicate with your instructors immediately to let them know your situation and ask what you need to do to for course completion.
- Check your BPCC email daily to make sure you have not missed any important announcements about classes or BPCC updates.
- Make sure your contact information is up to date in LOLA so that you receive all emergency notifications.
Canvas Resources for Students
- For 24/7 support of myBPCC(Canvas), click the Help icon in any course, You can call or chat with a technician who will be able to access your course and assist.
- Click the link below for a series of helpful videos about common activities online
Communicating with Student Services
The answers to most of the questions students have are readily available on our college website. We recommend all students with questions begin at the BPCC Student Services webpage where you can find information on:
We also recommend that you check your LOLA portal. Here you can find links that will allow you to take the following actions:
- Order Transcripts
- Check on your Financial Aid
- Register for Courses
Should you not find the answer to your questions, we have implemented an online chat feature, and a Student Support Representative should be able to assist you.
We understand that some questions may be too specific in nature to be addressed by the general information on our website. In these instances, the College recommends sending an email to Student Services Staff. A Student Support Representative or an Enrollment Specialist should respond to you within 24 hours. When emailing, be sure to include your student number (L Number) on all correspondence.
If you are not able to get the answer to your questions through the website or email, we do have a Student Support Representative or Enrollment Specialist for you to speak to by phone. Know that our Answer Center is experiencing a high volume of calls and you may be placed on hold or asked to leave a message. Should you leave a message, please include your student number (L number) and your email address. You will receive an email response from a Student Services Representative or Enrollment Specialist within 24 hours.