The collection of the Learning Commons includes materials in a variety of formats to support each discipline taught at the College. The library owns over 45,000 items, including books, magazines, DVDs and Blu-Ray’s, as well as a growing digital collection. Our electronic resources include indexes and databases which contain numerous newspaper articles. The BPCC Library is a member of the LOUIS consortium.
- The Reference Collection includes Literary Criticism, Biographical Resources, and reference sources for all disciplines.
- The Tutoring Center Collection contains microscopes and slides, calculators, and a variety of anatomical models to support students’ studies.
- Print periodicals and journals in the BPCC Library are located on the second of the Library near the study rooms. Current issues are shelved alphabetically by title. Back issues (older issues) may be requested.The library also subscribes to a number of electronic periodicals. These may be accessed through the databases.
- The Fiction Collection contains materials which support both classroom assignments and students’ personal interests. It also includes a selection of Graphic Novels.
- The Non-Fiction Collection is comprised of a large selection of books on a variety of topics and is designed to support the curriculum of the college.
- The Biography Collection contains works which describe a large variety of people, families, and groups. It is designed to support the curriculum of the college.
- The Louisiana Collection contains works to support both scholarly and personal research on local history and culture.
- The Juvenile Collection is designed to support the curriculum of students studying education and child development.
- The Audio-Visual Collection contains DVDs, Blu-Rays, Audiobooks and other audio-visual materials. This collection is designed to support the college curriculum and student life.
- The e-Collection is a growing collection of e-Books which are chosen specifically to support and enhance the curriculum of BPCC.
- As a member of the LOUIS Libraries Consortium, BPCC has access to numerous databases which contain a large number of newspaper and journal articles.
- Additionally, BPCC subscribes to several more databases to allow students and faculty access to even more resources.