Bossier Parish Community College danceline is a full year commitment. The Ladies in Gold Danceline performs at all home basketball games and represents the College at various events on-campus and in the community throughout the year. Applicants must have a cumulative 2.0 GPA in order to tryout. High school seniors and transfer students must provide a transcript or other documentation for GPA verification prior to tryouts. Applicants must also submit the following on the first day of clinic: dance application, liability waiver, media release, copy of medical insurance card, and $25 tryout fee. Tuition waivers are available.
- Must maintain a full-time status (12 hours or more)
- Must maintain a 2.00 or higher grade point average
- Must NOT have received prior tuition waivers totaling six semesters at BPCC
- Must be in good academic standing at BPCC or previous school attended
- Must be in good physical health and have no health or physical complications that would hamper the ability to perform as a danceline member or would cause dancing to be a unsafe activity
- Must attend all practices and events scheduled by the advisor
- Must commit to 20 hours of community service per semester
- Must remain dedicated to squad unity and to Bossier Parish Community College
- Must be able to set aside personal desire in favor of squad excellence
During the fall and spring semesters, practice is held on Tuesdays from 4:30 – 8:30 p.m. During the summer semester, practice is held on Mondays and Wednesdays from 6:30 – 8:45 a.m.
Camp & Competition Info
The BPCC Ladies in Gold Danceline is a Universal Dance Association (UDA) team. The team may attend UDA Dance Camp July 18-21 in Tuscaloosa, AL and compete alongside the BPCC Cavalier Cheerleaders in the Game Day Category at UCA College Nationals in Orlando, FL in the winter.
Clinic will be held in the BPCC Gym (Building I) on the date listed below:
Saturday, June 15, 2019 10:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Registration will begin at 9:30 a.m. with a brief meeting and the collection of required paperwork followed by weigh-ins and warm-up, and then tryout material will be taught. Clinic will consist of learning and practicing tryout material. Applicants must submit the following: dance application, liability waiver, media release, GPA verification, copy of medical insurance card, and $25 tryout fee (cash only).
Tryouts will be held in the BPCC Gym (Building I) on the following date:
Sunday, June 16, 2019 3:30 p.m.
All participants must report to the gym at 2:00 p.m. for practice. Tryouts are closed to spectators. The facility is located at 6220 East Texas Street.
Participants should wear dance shoes, tan dance tights, black hot pants (Nike pro type shorts) and a sports bra or fitted tank top. Hair and make-up should look collegiate.
Participants must learn a YouTube dance prior to clinic and must contact Rachel Randolph for the link to the video which will be available on April 11. Please include your name and where you attended high school in your text.
The following requirements must also be met by all participants; however, materials are subject to change:
- Single and double turns
- Right, left, and middle splits
- Jump split
- Right, left, and standing leaps
- Toe touch
- Tilt kicks
- Two eight counts of high kicks by yourself
- Kicks with other participants
- Dance, fight song, and cheer/chant taught at clinic
Practice Uniforms – $150 | Uniform Deposit – $100 | Camp Fees – $135 | Shoes – $100
Those interested in trying out for the squad must contact Rachel Randolph for tryout forms.
Rachel Randolph, Advisor | 318-393-4379 | firstname.lastname@example.org | A-133
Marjoree Harper, Director of Student Life | 318-678-6144 | email@example.com | F-220