Bossier Parish Community College is closely monitoring developments in the outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19). This morning, I briefed the Executive Council on our efforts to prepare should the situation worsen and the importance of providing leadership that does not contribute to panic.
As always, BPCC will follow the guidance of local, state and national health authorities. Currently, there are not any known cases of COVID-19 at BPCC, in our primary service area, or in our State. Nonetheless, the American College Health Association has urged colleges to educate students and faculty on “everyday habits” to prevent the spread of the virus but downplayed the threat, saying, “There is no basis for changing business as usual.”
To that end, please review the following tips:
- Practice good hand hygiene, including washing your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth;
- Follow appropriate cough and sneeze etiquette;
- Stay home, rest and avoid close contact with others when you are sick or have a fever;
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
BPCC will remain vigilant, monitor this situation as it evolves, be prepared to act in a timely manner, and will continue to communicate developments as necessary. For the most recent COVID-19 information, the campus community should consult the CDC and the Louisiana Department of Health.
For the most recent health developments on COVID-19, visit: