An election is held each fall to select a Homecoming Court to be presented at the Homecoming basketball game which is held during the spring semester. The court consists of a King and Queen, three Sophomore Maids (30 credit hours or more) and three Freshman Maids (29 credit hours or less). The sophomore candidate receiving the highest number of votes serves as the Queen.
Qualifications and Election
All Homecoming Court nominees must meet the following qualifications:
- Plan to attend BPCC next spring semester
- Have and maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA or higher through fall semester
- Be a full-time student in good standing enrolled in 12 hours or more
- Be nominated by a student organization, academic department or faculty/staff member
The online election will open at 8:00 a.m. on Wednesday, November 6, 2019. Eligible voters will receive voting credentials in their BPCC student email account. The online election will close at 12:00 p.m. (noon) on Friday, November 8, 2019. Results will be officially announced at 12:30 p.m. in Building F.
Interest Meetings and Nomination Deadline
Interest meetings will be held in the Office of Student Life (F-220) on the following dates:
- Monday, October 7, 2019 | 1:00 p.m.
- Tuesday, October 15, 2019 | 12:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, October, 23, 2019 | 12:00 p.m.
The following nomination forms must be submitted to the Office of Student Life (F-220) by 12:00 p.m. on Friday, October 25, 2019:
Elected Homecoming Court members will be expected to participate in all Homecoming activities which include the court presentation practice, the court luncheon, the basketball game and halftime presentation, and official court photos (taken at the game). Click here for more information on the 2020 Homecoming activities.
Office of Student Life | 318-678-6035 | firstname.lastname@example.org | F-220