Specific Program Requirements
Admission to the Program
The selection process for the STEC Program begins each spring, with program courses start each June. Students should be aware of the following requirements and procedures regarding program selection:
- Qualification (pre-STEC) courses must be completed by the end of the spring semester in the application year.
- GPA in qualification (pre-STEC) courses must be 2.0 or higher and students must earn a “C” or better in all courses to be eligible for application.
- A maximum of 16 students per year are selected for the program.
- Students must submit a completed Surgical Technology Application Packet by the application deadline of April 15.
Students must submit a completed Surgical Technology Application Packet by the application deadline of April 15 to Al Smith (B-109) or Tonia Sharp (B-148). Packets may also be mailed to:
Bossier Parish Community College
Attn: Surgical Technology Selection Committee
6220 East Texas
Bossier City, LA 71111
Download and complete the Surgical Technology Program Application Packet:
Note: Contents must be downloaded, completed, and then submitted with packet.
- Students who are selected for the STEC Program must be available for daytime classes, five days a week for the fall and spring semesters.
- Students selected for the STEC program must adhere to the STEC Clinical Requirements related to additional tests/immunizations required, documentation submission and policies/procedures of the division/program. In addition, program students are responsible for obtaining and maintaining requirements required by the clinical sites.
- All students selected for the Surgical Technology program are required to submit for a drug/alcohol screen(s) and background check(s). Background check findings may affect a student’s ability to complete the program, to take the national certification exam, or seek state licensure.
- Students selected for STEC program pay a clinical fee, in addition to regular tuition, each clinical semester.