What Benefits are accepted?
- Chapter 30-Montgomery GI Bill®
- Chapter 31-Vocational Rehabilitation & Employment
- Chapter 33- Post 9/11 GI Bill®
- Chapter 35-Survivor & Dependents Assistance
- 1606-Montgomery GI Bill®-Selective Reserve
- 1607-Reserve Education Assistance Program
- Active Duty Military Tuition Assistance
- MyCAA-Military Spouse Career Advancement Account
- Louisiana National Guard Tuition Waiver
- Louisiana Dependent’s Education Assistance
- Title 29 State Tuition Exemption for Dependents
COVID-19 PROCEDURE for Advising Students with Military Education Benefits
This modified Course Verification procedure is to be followed while BPCC is only open online due to COVID-19. This modified procedure does not require the submission of a Blue Form.
- Student contacts advisor for academic advising in their respective program of study.
- When Academic Advisor emails the trial schedule to the schedule inputer, they will copy Susan Stakes (email@example.com). This will indicate the courses that the student is registering for are verified by their advisor as pertaining to their program of study.
- Please include in the email if a student is a new student or is changing their major.
If a student has registered themselves for their classes, they must also have their courses verified by an advisor. In this case, they will need to schedule an appointment with their advisor. After the student and advisor have met, the advisor will email Susan Stakes (firstname.lastname@example.org) a completed trial schedule or email containing the list of verified courses.
The email from the staff or faculty member’s official BPCC account will suffice in lieu of the blue form during this time. Please continue to follow the same procedures for notification of course repeats, developmental coursework (remedial), and following the program of study.
Active Duty Tuition Assistance
- Active duty military using tuition assistance are required to have a current TA briefing through the base education office before enrolling in education programs. Please contact the base education office to find out when briefings are offered and schedule an appointment.
- BPCC degree programs, courses, session dates, and credit hour rates are preloaded in the AI Portal for your convenience.
- Upon completion of loading your course information on the portal, please bring your approved TA form to the business office on campus in Building F for payment processing.
- Grades are reported within 30 days of completion of the course.
- BPCC will waive certain course fees that Tuition Assistance does not pay.
- All active duty military do not pay out of state tuition at BPCC. If you are charged out of state tuition on your account, please contact the business office.
Louisiana National Guard Tuition Waiver
If you are a member of the Louisiana National Guard, you may be eligible for a tuition waiver through the state of Louisiana. The waiver only applies to the tuition you are charged at BPCC. The fees and books are the responsibility of the student.
The tuition waiver requires the student to maintain a 2.0 GPA and declare a degree program. Certificates of Technical Studies, Technical Diplomas, non-credit coursework, or Technical Competency Areas are not covered by the tuition waiver.
Please contact the LA National Guard Education Office to ensure eligibility of the tuition waiver.
LA State Tuition Exemption Manager/State GI Bill® Manager
For more detailed inquiries, please contact
ARNG GI Bill® Support Team
For more information, please visit the following website: https://geauxguard.la.gov/education/