COVID-19 Procedure for Advising Students with Military Education Benefits
This modified Course Verification procedure is to be followed while BPCC is only open online due to COVID-19. This modified procedure does not require the submission of a Blue Form. The steps below regarding email confirmation from the Academic Advisor will replace the Blue Form process until further notice.
- All new students contact an advisor for academic advising in their respective program of study.(see below) Please notify advising that you are using a military education benefit. Email Susan Stakes for further instructions regarding certifying your benefits at email@example.com or (318)678-6472.
- The Academic Advisor will email the trial schedule to the schedule inputer and will copy Susan Stakes (firstname.lastname@example.org) in the email. The Academic Advisor will indicate the courses that the student is registering for and verify they are part of the student’s program of study.
- The Academic Advisor will also indicate if a student is a new student or is changing their major so please be sure to share that information with them.
- All current BPCC students, please send an email with your student ID number and complete name to Susan Stakes at email@example.com indicating that you have self-advised. Please note that it is your responsibility to ensure that your courses meet the requirements of your current program of study. Failure to do so can result in a debt to the VA or the college.
- If courses have enrollment restrictions due to prerequisites or departmental holds, the student will need to be consult their division of study or academic advising for assistance.
To register for classes or for academic advising, students may meet with an advisor virtually:
Continuing Students: To schedule a Virtual Advising Session, email your division via the following links: (Need help finding your Academic Division?)
- Behavioral/Social Science
- Communication and Performing Arts
- Liberal Arts
- Science, Nursing, and Allied Health
- Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
Our mission, in support of the Division of Innovative Learning, is to empower military students, veterans, and their families through education benefits, transitional support, and an environment to promote academic success
Veteran Resource Center
Fourth Floor, Building H
Program Manager, BPCC Veteran Resource Center
Our vision it to be recognized as a leader in higher education that provides world-class support to our military affiliated students. Our success is their success.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government web site.