GI Bill® Checklist

Printable versionPDF File

  • Apply for your GI Bill® Benefits at open new browser window or tab
    • For questions about your application or benefits, contact the following:
      GI Bill® Information: 1-888-442-4551 Muskogee Regional Office
  • Fill out an admissions application online at the BPCC Admissions Office and bring to admissions in Building F with all requested documents. There is a $15 charge not covered by the GI Bill®.
  • Apply for financial aid at open new browser window or tab Title IV Funds and the GI Bill® can be used simultaneously. Stop by Financial Aid with questions about the application process.
  • Have official transcripts sent to:Bossier Parish Community College
    6220 East Texas Street
    Bossier City LA 71111
    Attn: Admissions Office
  • All GI Bill® students are required to have a military transcript sent to the address above. Requests should be made to:
  • Visit the Veterans Education Office in Building A-138 for a VA Benefits Enrollment Verification FormPDF File
  •  (blue form) to take to the advising center where you will be advised. (Building F250)
  • Select classes with the advisor and the advisor will fill in your selected classes on the blue form. Please return the blue form to A-138 for certifying. All Post 9/11 students require a Letter of Eligibility.
  • Stop by the BPCC Police Department in Building F, across from the bookstore, to purchase a parking pass to park on campus.

If you are visiting from another college, a parent letter is needed on letterhead approving your classes you are taking at BPCC. It must contain your degree of study, specific classes you’re are taking at BPCC, and your advisors contact information.


  • Post 9/11 Students: Classes cannot be certified with the VA unless a Letter of Eligibility is received from the student.
  • All Chapter 31 Students need a Form1905 from their counselor at Vocational Rehabilitation Center in order for them to receive their book voucher from the business office. Counselors can email it to me at
  • New at BPCC? Complete Form 22-1995 on the open new browser window or tab site to change your parent school and program of study For Chapter 35 dependents: Form 22-5495
  • LA National Guard: Please contact Sgt. Carter at 504-278-8304 to ensure you are on the State Tuition Waiver list.
  • Private Scholarships (Academics, TOPS, BPCC) Please let the school certifying official know in A-138.
  • Chapter 30, 1606, or 1607 Students: Verify your enrollment on the last day of every month enrolled at open new browser window or tab or call 877-823-2378 in order to receive funds from the VA for the prior month.

See also: