Steps for submitting an assignment to WSS:
- Copy and paste the WSS email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) into a new email message from your BPCC student email account.
- Put the information below in the body of the email.
- Attach the assignment, saved as a Word (DOC) or Rich Text (RTF) file.
- After you submit the assignment, allow 48 hours for a response (Monday through Friday).
If you would like to make an appointment online, send an email (containing your name, assignment description, instructor’s name, and due date) to email@example.com.
BPCC Online Writing Services
When submitting a paper online, it is important to include as much information as possible to better assist the tutor while reviewing your writing. E-mail submissions to firstname.lastname@example.org, be sure to attach your paper. Include the information below in the text block of the e-mail. A Peer Writing Tutor will review your paper and comment on the areas you would like addressed. Expect a reply to your request within 24-48 hours.
- Course Name
- Professor’s Name
- Due Date
- Draft #
- Working Title
- A clear description of the assignment as provided in your course syllabus.
BPCC Tutoring Center English Writing Support Services Guidelines for Online Submissions:
- Major changes to a paper should always be approved by an instructor prior to the submission of the final draft.
- No drafts will be reviewed without the assignment description and instructions.
- Tutors will use current MLA/APA citation references when assisting students with citations, but will not be responsible for the final outcome of the Works Cited page.
- While tutors make every effort to ensure that students have a successful outcome, they cannot guarantee that every error has been pointed out and/or will be corrected by the student. Tutors will point out patterns of errors (for example: comma splices); it is the student’s responsibility to use that information to find and correct all of the errors in the paper. Supplementary materials can be accessed via TTC’s myBPCC page.
- Drafts with an excessive amount of errors may require more than one submission for all of the patterns to be addressed.
- In order to receive the most effective feedback, students should revise drafts that have been previously reviewed by a WSS tutor and/or instructor prior to resubmitting.
- For an online draft, only patterns of errors in grammar and punctuation will be pointed out. For assistance with organization and rhetorical concerns, students must have a face-to-face consultation with a tutor at TTC.
- If a checklist is provided by an instructor, students should attach it in the email. If a checklist is not provided, TTC checklist will be used.
- A tutor’s comments and feedback on a rough draft are secondary to the instructor’s feedback and will not substitute for a rough draft check with the instructor that the student has missed.
- Papers/drafts should be sent as a Word attachment and not copied and pasted into the body of the email.