Computer Technology Academic Programs
- AAS Computer Information Systems – Provides the graduate with the knowledge and applied technical skills needed to enter computer-related occupations in the business/industry job market.
- AAS Cyber Security – Provides students with the skills needed to manage an organization’s network security needs. The program prepares individuals to function as entry level network security specialist, and includes instruction on technologies to keep network assets secure, conducting forensic analyses, encryption techniques, and organizational security management.
- AAS Software Development – Focuses on programming techniques for software applications. The program prepares individuals to function as entry level programs in a team environment, and includes instruction in a variety of programming languages on programming logic, writing and executing code to create and troubleshoot software applications, data structures and computer architecture.
- AAS Systems Administration with a Concentration in DevOps – Provides students with a broad, overarching knowledge of a variety of IT subject areas that brings together development, operations, and testing. DevOps is an interdisciplinary program that requires communication, collaboration, and a broad knowledge so that students understand the full-scope of software delivery.
- AAS Systems Administration with a concentration in Cloud Computing – Provides students with the skills needed to manage an organization’s computer systems. The program prepares individuals to function as entry-level systems administrators and covers analyzing system logs, applying system updates, updating user accounts, troubleshooting problems, and ensuring uptime.
- CTS Information Systems Security Professionals – Provides students with the skills needed to manage an organization’s network security needs. The program prepares individuals to function as entry-level network security specialists, to keep network assets secure, conduct forensic analyses, practice encryption techniques, and organize security management.
- CTS Health Information Security - Provides students with the skills and qualities needed to fulfill the multifaceted role of an information technology specialist in the healthcare industry. The program includes instruction on technologies to keep network assets, secure, conducting forensic analysis, cloud computing, electronic health records, interoperability of systems, and safely handling healthcare information.
- CTS Programming for Digital Gaming – Focuses on programming techniques for software applications related to interactive and web based design. The program prepares individuals to function as entry level programmers, and includes instruction in a variety of programming languages on programming logic, writing and executing code to create and troubleshoot software applications.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate - The Career and Technical Certificate in Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) is a 12-semester hour curriculum; emphasizing the skills and technical knowledge needed to obtain the Cisco Certified Cyber Ops Associate and the Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA). These certifications prepare the holder for an intermediate to advanced level career in network administration.
- Cloud Computing - The CTC in Cloud Computing is a short-term credential that includes courses in software, networking, and cloud infrastructure and allows students to perform the duties of an entry level cloud associate. Embedded in the program are multiple certifications offered through well-known certification companies (CompTIA and AWS-Amazon Web Services). The CTC degree will fully stack into the existing AAS degree in Systems Administration (Cloud Computing).
- Computer Repair - The Career and Technical Certificate in Computer Repair emphasizes the skills needed to repair computers and gives the opportunity to obtain a nationally recognized certification, CompTIA A+.
- Help Desk - The Career and Technical Certificate in Help Desk provides core knowledge in troubleshooting basic computer software problems, developing soft skills, and working as an entry-level IT professional. Students receiving this certificate will be able to troubleshoot and correct computer problems on remote computers and successfully communicate with clients. The core content knowledge is applicable to not only Help Desk operations but to those working in a small business where these skills would be valuable.
- Network Security - The CTC in Network Security is a short-term credential that includes valuable industry certifications (CompTIA’s A+, Network+, and Security+). Together, these three certifications help an individual partially meet 8570 requirements which is important to companies during the hiring process and when submitting proposals to secure government contract work. This CTC is contained within our current Cyber Technology (Network Security) curriculum, allowing students to earn a CTC and then continue to work towards an Associate of Applied Science degree.
- Software Applications - The Career and Technical Certificate in Software Applications is a program that focuses on the general writing and implementation of generic and customized programs to drive operating systems and that generally prepares individuals to apply the methods and procedures of software design and programming. Includes instruction in software design; high-level languages and program writing; program customization; prototype testing; troubleshooting; and related aspects of operating systems and networks.
- Web Design - The Career and Technical Certificate in Web Design provides a well-rounded selection of courses balanced between general orientation to business/industry and applied technical skills. Students completing the Web Design CTC will obtain technical skills necessary for qualified entrance into Web Design and maintenance-related careers.