What We Can Do for You
The BPCC Writing Lab has been developed to help our students be more successful in their coursework and as they leave our campus to enter the workforce or transfer to a four-year institution. Our mission is to provide opportunities for students to improve their written communication skills by meeting with skilled professionals, our English faculty, who will offer their expertise and feedback for students to consider when reviewing their writing assignments. We provide feedback for online submissions and are available to assist students through one-on-one tutoring sessions.
BPCC students are also encouraged to use the Writing Lab computers for coursework, no appointment necessary. The Writing Lab is located in Building G, Room 219. We have twenty-five computers in the Writing Lab and a comfortable space for studying. Click below to access the Virtual Writing Lab.
Make an Appointment
We use the Calendar feature in Canvas, so the first thing you will need to do is add the Writing Lab to your list of Canvas courses. You can do this by clicking the “Access Virtual Writing Lab” button below. (You may be prompted to log into Canvas.)
How to Schedule a Tutoring Appointment
Scheduling a face-to-face session with a Writing Lab tutor is an easy process and uses the Calendar feature in Canvas.
- To set an appointment for the first time, you’ll need to pick an appointment time. Go to Canvas and click “Calendar” in the navigation menu.
- Make sure that “Writing Lab” is selected in your list of calendars on the right-hand side of the screen. Then click "Find Appointment."
- Click the day and time that works for you, and then click "Reserve" to set the appointment.
- You're all set! Return to the BPCC writing to meet for your scheduled appointment.
- Instructors are here to help students, but they will not revise or edit essays for students. In the end, students are responsible for revising and editing their own essay.
- For online submissions, students will receive feedback based on the top three concerns they have checked on their appointment agreement. Students are responsible for taking or not taking a tutor’s suggestions.
- Cell phones must be placed on silent in the Writing Lab.
- If a student is more than ten minutes late, he/she may have to reschedule.
Need help? Have questions?
Keep in mind that we are here to help you with ANY writing assignment, whether it is for an English class, a business class, a psychology class, or any class in which you are writing a paper or report.
Feel free to call us at 318-678-6041 or email us at email@example.com.