The Tutoring Center is located on the 2nd floor of the Learning Commons in Building A and our mission is to enhance students’ academic skills by providing high quality instructional support services. We strive to assist all learners at all levels in achieving academic success, gaining self-confidence, and becoming independent learners. The Tutoring Center continues to search for new services and programs to enhance educational support for students while remaining focused on BPCC’s mission.
Tutoring services on a variety of subjects are offered to BPCC students and local high school students free of charge. Tutor and subject availability vary by semester. View our online appointment scheduler or contact us for current availability.
- Computer Information Systems
- Word Processing, Electronic Spreadsheets, Presentation Software, e-mail
- Grammar, Writing, Research, Citation Assistance
- English Writing Lab
- English instructors will provide feedback on papers and are available through video conferencing to support students in each stage of the writing process.
- Remedial Math, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Calculus
- Chemistry, Biology, Physical Science, Physics
- Study Skills
- Time Management, Organization, Note-Taking, Test Preparation
Resources in the Tutoring Center include all the models and equipment that support hands-on learning. All resources may be checked out for use in the Tutoring Center.
- Textbook Reserves
- Open Campus - Free online BPCC courses
- 60+ Anatomy Models
- 3 Study rooms
- 25+ Scientific Calculators
- Allied Health, Math, Nutrition, Science DVDs
- 3 Microscopes with slides
- Vernier Caliper and Depth Measuring Device
- Overhead Projector
- Kits for ART 206, BLGY 101, 102, HLPE 221
- Small Table Whiteboard
- CPR Manikins
- Drafting Boards
- Physiology Interactive Lab Simulations
- Miscellaneous slides
- Other Resources
Bossier Parish Community College Tutoring Center
6220 East Texas Street
Bossier City, LA 71111