To meet with an academic advisor
Click on the link below to submit a request to have an advisor contact you:
Below is a listing of departments with a link to their email and a contact phone number:
|Behavioral and Social Scienceemail@example.com|
|Science, Nursing, and Allied Healthfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Technology, Engineering, and Mathemail@example.com|
The mission of the Academic Advising Center is to assist students in the development of meaningful educational plans that are consistent with their needs, interests, and abilities while strengthening their economic, social, and cultural life. Academic advising assists students in clarifying career and personal goals, developing long-term educational goals, and evaluating the progress toward achieving those goals.
To achieve this mission, the Academic Advising Center has established the following goals:
- Provide quality academic advising to help students to grow academically.
- Provide academic support and guidance to students in the decision making process related to their choice of majors and academic program.
- Utilize the resources of the College and refer students to the appropriate academic support services.
- Provide and interpret information on articulation agreements for students who intend to transfer to four-year universities.
- Share information between student and advisor in order to promote responsible and appropriate choices and facilitate a successful academic experience.
- Provide services to all students using the highest ethical principles and standards of practice.
- Provide students with referrals to appropriate academic divisions
Location: Building F, Room 250
Phone: 318-678-6202, 318-678-6357, 318-678-6427, or 318-678-6133