The mission of the Academic Advising Center is to assist students in the development of meaningful educational plans that are consistent with their needs, interests, and abilities while strengthening their economic, social, and cultural life. Academic advising assists students in clarifying career and personal goals, developing long-term educational goals, and evaluating the progress toward achieving those goals.
To achieve this mission, the Academic Advising Center has established the following goals:
- Provide quality academic advising to help students to grow academically.
- Provide academic support and guidance to students in the decision making process related to their choice of majors and academic program.
- Utilize the resources of the College and refer students to the appropriate academic support services.
- Provide and interpret information on articulation agreements for students who intend to transfer to four-year universities.
- Share information between student and advisor in order to promote responsible and appropriate choices and facilitate a successful academic experience.
- Provide services to all students using the highest ethical principles and standards of practice.
- Provide students with referrals to appropriate academic divisions
Location: Building F, Room 250
Phone: 318-678-6202, 318-678-6357, or 318-678-6133
Academic Advising Office Will Close At Noon On Fridays
|8:00 a.m. – 5:30 p.m.||Monday*|
|8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.||Tuesday – Thursday|
|8:00 a.m. – noon||Friday**|
If classes are not in session, we will close at 4:30 p.m. on Mondays.
**Academic Advising Office will close at noon on Fridays with the following exceptions:
- Academic Advising office will be open:
- Every Friday in August
- Every Friday in January
- the Friday of general registration week for Summer semester
- Please visit, call, or email our office during business hours Monday – Thursday
To meet with an academic advisor
Continuing Student: It is recommended that you contact an advisor in the area of your major.
- Science, Nursing, and Allied Health – B148
- Behavioral and Social Sciences – E140
- Business – G142
- Communication Media – D315
- Performing Arts including Music and Theatre – C138
- Liberal Arts including General Studies – G113
- Cyber Information Technology and Computer Information Systems – G142
- Oil and Gas, Construction, Industrial Control Systems, and Engineering – L210
New or Former Student: Go to F250 and sign in to see an academic advisor. It is not necessary to make an appointment.