The BPCC Practical Nursing program has been approved by the Louisiana Community and Technical College System (LCTCS), Board of Regents, Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC), and the Louisiana State Board of Practical Nurse Examiners (LSBPNE).
Salary & Career Outlook
Important Dates for Admission to the spring (January 2021) class
• TEAS Entrance Exam Transcript Due by November 30, 2020
• BPCC Practical Nursing Application Due by December 1, 2020
PN Application Packet
Fill out the Application Packet using the fillable document and digitally sign, then submit as attachment via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Incomplete applications will not be considered for admission.
How many students will be accepted?
A maximum of 36 students will be selected for spring 2020 admission based on competitive criteria.
Will there be an entrance exam?
Yes, all applicants must complete TEAS Entrance Exam prior to consideration of PN application.
What do I need to know about the TEAS Entrance Exam?
- Program selection is competitive, based on official ATi TEAS transcript scores. Program application will not be considered for selection without TEAS Entrance Exam transcript received by deadline: November 30, 2020.
- Applicant is responsible for online registration with ATi and for all exam fees.
- Go to www.atitesting.com to create your student account for ATi (or log in to your existing account). Select Bossier Parish CC PN as your institution.
- Choose the “TEAS AT ATI” option to begin registration process for exam.
- Choose any available test date/time to complete your exam, ensuring that you complete testing before program deadline: November 30, 2020.
- If you have taken the TEAS Entrance Exam within 3 years of program initiation and are confident with your scores, your official TEAS transcript with scores for all sections must be sent to email@example.com for selection consideration by November 30, 2020.
What are the requirements for becoming a Practical Nurse in Louisiana?
Review the Louisiana State Board for Practical Nurse Examiners (LSBPNE) requirements found at: https://www.lsbpne.com/
What times and days will classes be held this spring?
If the BPCC campus remains closed due to the COVID pandemic, classes will be conducted online with limited required meetings on campus. Students will be notified in advance of status and required meetings. Students must be available online Monday through Friday from 5:30pm to 10:00pm.
What times and days will classes be held once campus is reopened?
Evening classes will be held on campus Monday through Friday. Courses will be scheduled between the hours of 5:30pm – 10:00pm. Some classes may be available online. Clinical times and days will vary by facility and may include weekends. Clinical lab and skills check-offs times and days may include weekends.
What classes will I take in spring 2021?
- BLGY 120: A&P for Nursing and ALHT*
- BLGY 202: Microbiology for Nursing and ALHT*
- PRNU 100: PN Fundamentals I
- PRNU 110: Intro to Practical Nursing
- PRNU 120: PN Dosage Calculation
- PRNU 150: PN Basic Pharmacology
*BLGY 120 and BLGY 202 may be taken prior to or concurrent with spring 2021 semester. These courses may be considered for credit if completed within the last 3 years prior to admission into Practical Nursing Program, and completed at BPCC with a minimum 80% (B) final grade.
Who do I contact if I have questions?
Contact Cindy Adams at firstname.lastname@example.org or 318-678-6080. Provide your contact information and nature of your question. She will have someone contact you.
Robyne Champagne, BSN, RN